Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2003 11:19:01 PM EDT
Just wondering......where do all these go? I see 500 uppers on the EE boards, but none of them have B/C/CH's. So are they all sitting around with the socks that get lost in the dryer or what? Is there a giant military beast that feeds on B/C/CH's? Seriously, why not sell them with the upper?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
i've wondered that too.  if you're not supposed to switch them out (bolts) than how come they're not complete?  maybe to sell cheaper?  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Dunno 'bout anybody else, but when I sold off my SP1 upper some time back, it was with the intention of mounting a forward assist type on my rifle, so why should I sell off the bolt/carrier, handle when I'd just have to pay more than I could get for them to replace them?

I suspect that the vast majority of the time, the same situation exists for others who get rid of uppers.  They're not selling the whole rifle, so obviously they have plans to build something on the lower, and will need the bolt/carrier and handle.

By the way, if you have a Colt or military contract bolt assy, 99.9% of the time it'll headspace properly with any properly built upper assy.  Bought 4 well used Colt military contract bolt assys last year for $15 apiece, complete. Headspaced them in four different uppers. Three were well under max, and the fourth, while it closed on Max, did not close on the Field guage.  That one was so old, it still had the white insert in the extractor spring; indicating that it was at least 35 years old[:D].

Now I specify Colt or Mil surp, simply because I know they're made right.  I have no data on aftermarkt stuff; and while I'm sure that anything from one of the major aftermarket folks is OK, I'd rather go with what I know is good stuff.  Besides, the price on those mil surp pieces was too good to pass up[:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top