Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2003 6:28:23 PM EDT
If the Marines had the chance to change their standard issue service rifle back to the M-14, do you think they would do it?

I have a strong feeling that all this anti-gun attention will bring the AWB back, for good this time. Everyone is making false claims ( on the anti side ), and everyone is giving false evidence. 44 Minutes is on FX right now, but it gives the strongest anti-gun message I've ever seen. Just mailing congressman letters might not be enough. The fear of a black gun might be enough to bring that damn ban back all by itself.

And how could someone change a state firearm law? I live in Connecticut, and they don't allow pre-ban rifles at all, or rifles with pre-ban features. Luckily, Joe Liberman is in favor of the AR-15 being taken off the assault weapons list here, but how could I contact him?

And am I the only one who realizes that the Navy is going to have a lack of defense for it's carriers soon? The F/A-18E/F Hornets are definitely not up to the task, as they are a politicians airplane, not a fighter pilot's plane. The F-14B and D fill the task wonderfully, but they will be retired within 10-15 years. Does that make sense to you? Let's hear your thoughts...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top