Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/1/2003 3:43:46 PM EDT
My AR is finally what is was meant to be - a CQB machine instead of a bench rest rifle. It's not too fancy but it's not too shabby (IMHO) either.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:02:37 PM EDT
Very nice!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:11:30 PM EDT
I like it. NICE!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:12:08 PM EDT
very nice! [:D] Is that a Bushmaster front sight? If so, How do you like it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:26:21 PM EDT
Nice set up, good job.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:11:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AKsRule: very nice! [:D] Is that a Bushmaster front sight? If so, How do you like it?
View Quote
Thank you. Actually, it's a Fulton Armory folding front sight. It locks in both position and so far, it's worked out fine. However, I am considering replacing it with a PRI folding front sight when I get the RAS replaced with a KAC. The rifle currently has a C-More Quadrail. I really don't need the railed gas block. The only thing it's really good for is either a front sight or mounting a laser/light. Then again, I may just go old school and get a standard fixed front sight. The Ergo Grip is more likely than not going to get replaced with a Battlegrip. I'd like a place to stow a couple of extra AAs for the 552. WHEN the AW ban sunsets, I will definitely swap out the A-2 stock for a RR 6 position collapsible stock. There are quite a few reasons why I like and A2 stock but it does look a bit odd. I just keep reminding myself about all the spare parts I can put in it once I get around to ordering them. Sometimes I kick myself for not getting a rifle with a chrome lined chamber and bore but then again, it is a damn accurate rifle. Whenever I end up wearing out this barrel, I'll just get a whole new chrome lined upper.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:48:14 AM EDT
Looks mighty heavy and mighty expensive to me. Looks cool though. Hollywood all the way...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:20:56 AM EDT
Wow! a beauty...and not too much krap on it...nice job!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:28:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:46:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777: Looks mighty heavy and mighty expensive to me. Looks cool though. Hollywood all the way...
View Quote
Well, you are correct - it wasn't cheap (it's got the glorious Jewell trigger installed) but as far as weight, it's not too bad. It weighs less than my HK-94A3. Also, I've taken off the M900A and put on a KAC foregrip. Also, without the M900A, it's little less "Hollywood". [:D]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:54:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Aimless: Is the handguard from Fulton Armory? If so which is it and how do you like it? Free floated, right? how hard to install? I am looking at a similar set up for a 20" upper I have
View Quote
Actually, the RAS is a C-More Quadrail. It's one from the first run so the rails aren't quite "mil spec". The distance from the underside of the rails to the tube is a bit short. In order to get a KAC foregrip to go on, I had to file a bit off of the foregrip and it's still a PITA to get one. Besides that, it's held up fine. BTW, I did confirm the rail height problem with C-More - I'm not just pulling that out of my a$$ [:)]. Apparently, the latest C-More Quadrails do not have this problem and I assume the Fulton Armory Liberator RAS does not have this problem. Just ask Clint or Walt and I'm sure they'll give you a straight answer. You are correct, it does free float the barrel which is main reason I chose it over the KAC at the time. I can't speak for ease of installation since I bought the rifle with it already installed. As with some FF RAS, you do have to remove the front sight or gas block to install it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:57:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 9:57:40 AM EDT by Matt_B]
Originally Posted By greco: Wow! a beauty...and not too much krap on it...nice job!
View Quote
Thank you. After taking the pic, I swapped the M900A out for a standard KAC vertical foregrip. Now there's even less krap on it [:)]. BTW, I do agree with line of thought here. Sometimes, people put too much "krap" on their AR and I'm looking to avoid doing that. As I stated in a previous reply, I'm going to get rid of the quadrail gas block and replace it with either a PRI folding front sight or a standard fixed sight. I really don't have any use for the railed gas block but I do like folding sights.
Top Top