Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 3:43:46 PM EDT
My AR is finally what is was meant to be - a CQB machine instead of a bench rest rifle. It's not too fancy but it's not too shabby (IMHO) either.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it.  NICE!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]
very nice! [:D]

Is that a Bushmaster front sight?
If so, How do you like it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice set up, good job.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
very nice! [:D]

Is that a Bushmaster front sight?
If so, How do you like it?
View Quote

Thank you.

Actually, it's a Fulton Armory folding front sight. It locks in both position and so far, it's worked out fine. However, I am considering replacing it with a PRI folding front sight when I get the RAS replaced with a KAC. The rifle currently has a C-More Quadrail. I really don't need the railed gas block. The only thing it's really good for is either a front sight or mounting a laser/light. Then again, I may just go old school and get a standard fixed front sight.

The Ergo Grip is more likely than not going to get replaced with a Battlegrip. I'd like a place to stow a couple of extra AAs for the 552.

WHEN the AW ban sunsets, I will definitely swap out the A-2 stock for a RR 6 position collapsible stock. There are quite a few reasons why I like and A2 stock but it does look a bit odd. I just keep reminding myself about all the spare parts I can put in it once I get around to ordering them.

Sometimes I kick myself for not getting a rifle with a chrome lined chamber and bore but then again, it is a damn accurate rifle. Whenever I end up wearing out this barrel, I'll just get a whole new chrome lined upper.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:48:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks mighty heavy and mighty expensive to me. Looks cool though. Hollywood all the way...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:20:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow! a beauty...and not too much krap on it...nice job!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:28:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks mighty heavy and mighty expensive to me. Looks cool though. Hollywood all the way...
View Quote

Well, you are correct - it wasn't cheap (it's got the glorious Jewell trigger installed) but as far as weight, it's not too bad. It weighs less than my HK-94A3. Also, I've taken off the M900A and put on a KAC foregrip. Also, without the M900A, it's little less "Hollywood". [:D]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is the handguard from Fulton Armory? If so which is it and how do you like it? Free floated, right? how hard to install? I am looking at a similar set up for a 20" upper I have
View Quote

Actually, the RAS is a C-More Quadrail. It's one from the first run so the rails aren't quite "mil spec". The distance from the underside of the rails to the tube is a bit short. In order to get a KAC foregrip to go on, I had to file a bit off of the foregrip and it's still a PITA to get one. Besides that, it's held up fine. BTW, I did confirm the rail height problem with C-More - I'm not just pulling that out of my a$$ [:)]. Apparently, the latest C-More Quadrails do not have this problem and I assume the Fulton Armory Liberator RAS does not have this problem. Just ask Clint or Walt and I'm sure they'll give you a straight answer.

You are correct, it does free float the barrel which is main reason I chose it over the KAC at the time. I can't speak for ease of installation since I bought the rifle with it already installed. As with some FF RAS, you do have to remove the front sight or gas block to install it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:57:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wow! a beauty...and not too much krap on it...nice job!
View Quote

Thank you.

After taking the pic, I swapped the M900A out for a standard KAC vertical foregrip. Now there's even less krap on it [:)]. BTW, I do agree with line of thought here. Sometimes, people put too much "krap" on their AR and I'm looking to avoid doing that. As I stated in a previous reply, I'm going to get rid of the quadrail gas block and replace it with either a PRI folding front sight or a standard fixed sight. I really don't have any use for the railed gas block but I do like folding sights.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top