Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 10:46:21 AM EDT
Just a Heads Up that the Movie about that Hollywood Bank Robbery 44 Minutes is on FX tonight !!! Anyone watching?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:49:46 AM EDT
Instead of making it a statement about gun-control mabey they should point out that if it wasnt for their local gun shop the cops wouldda been SOL. Hehehe Im judging it and I havent even seen it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:55:17 AM EDT
i'm taping it. i am very curious how they portray the incident in a movie. i bet it will be cheese but i'm still curious.... i just can't believe an LAPD officer tried to sue the "manufactuer" of the rifle company... was it HK?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:22:14 AM EDT
Heres the full-auto rifles that the criminals used in the robbery: 3: AK-47 full-auto assault rifles 1: HK HK91 rifle, it wasn't a G3 1: AR15 rifle (news reports said they had one) Along with other longarms in their vehicle. One pistol was shown: It was a chrome 9mm, looked like a Beretta from the crappy angles and film taken. Other pictols it is unknown what else they carried, but I do not think that they carried a .45 pistol, and it definitally not a Glock as the FX website said. The suspects were wearing homemade body armor, not anything brand name. A student's uncle in my criminal justice class is a LA police officer, he wasn't involved but was there when it happened, he said that they were using AK's and the G3, he never said one thing about a AR15, and that they each had a pistol with them, and that their body armor was made by them and not a company.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:27:11 AM EDT
Their body armor was homemade?!?! I have to say they must have done one hell of a job.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:31:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2003 11:31:30 AM EDT by ZRH]
Ive never heard of them haveing an AR-15. In the helicopter videos you can see the AKs and the pistol. Definitely not a glock, unless they used to make chromed ones.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:37:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gunman0: Their body armor was homemade?!?! I have to say they must have done one hell of a job.
View Quote
Yes thats what the LAPD officer said, he was a cool guy told use alot and answered alot of my questions about the police firepower there. They athorize the use of 9mm's, .40 S&W's, and .45 ACP's. He carries a .45 after the shootout went down, I guess alot of them did but the Beretta looks still to be a popular one. But back to the body armor, he said that it was homemade and that they just used steel plates + some other material, it was big and bulky and thats how come they weren't able to move faster (thank god for their stupidity).
Originally Posted By ZRH: Ive never heard of them haveing an AR-15. In the helicopter videos you can see the AKs and the pistol. Definitely not a glock, unless they used to make chromed ones.
View Quote
Yes I never heard once of a AR15, reportedly it was a Bushmaster. The officer said nothing about a AR15 either, and I never read anything about it in the news reports that I looked up, only on one website did it say that they used a AR15.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:01:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2003 1:04:42 PM EDT by Thomas_A_Anderson]
The Bushmaster was never fired, but at one point, you can see Matersaraneau (sp???) moving it from their car to a truck he jacked. It was loaded with a Beta mag. They made their body armor from commercial vests cut and sewn together to cover more of their bodies. In the evidenciary videos made in their home after the shoot out, you can see more guns, commercial kevlar vests, and cases of ammo.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:27:25 PM EDT
is anyone encoding it to .mpg or such. I don't have FX and would love to see it! Anyone?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:36:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2003 1:40:31 PM EDT by Blaster3094]
Originally Posted By gunman0: Their body armor was homemade?!?! I have to say they must have done one hell of a job.
View Quote
By saying homemade, don’t they mean the Perps pieced it together. Using vests to wrap their arms and legs in order to provide additional protection beyond a conventional vest. Edited to add: Oops, someone already pointed this out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:51:59 PM EDT
A scoped bolt action .308 would have ended that shoot-out quickly.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:54:07 PM EDT
You can definitely see the 20inch AR15/M16 in the actual footage of the robbery, it's towards the end when the last robber was shot. He was taking cover behind a white car after moving from a tan truck. It had a Beta C drum in it and I believe he was firing it, you can watch the front windshield of that white car just disolve from bullet impacts and they looked like they were coming from the direction of the bankrobber just in front of the hood of the car rather than coming from the approaching officers.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:57:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JIMBEAM: A scoped bolt action .308 would have ended that shoot-out quickly.
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:43:00 PM EDT
DAMN IT! it could be a real cool movie but it's sprinkled w/ anti-gun messages. i'm so damn sick of anything outta hollywood. we should give them to the french.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:48:36 PM EDT
FX/Fox, stabbed us all in the back, its not just Time/Warner. LAPD goes to gun shop and asks for "semi-autos, and assault rifles" clerk says here's a CAR, its what our military uses", andd " here's Remington 700, best sniper rifle made", LAPD replies, "geez, I can't believe they let just anybody buy these" Note: we have "0" allies in this fight.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:51:17 PM EDT
"I can't believe they let people buy stuff like this"... Great, just great. I wonder what other pearls of wisdom will come out of the actors pretending to be cops' mouths.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:52:59 PM EDT
Ofcourse their entire shitty website is entirely in flash, [url]http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/44_Minutes/site.html[/url] But they DO have a forum of sorts. To get to it click on the "navigate" button on the right side of the page about mid screen. Then there's a "What do you remember" link you can click on that brings up forums. NUKE IT TO DEATH :)
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:58:09 PM EDT
Yup! Been watching it now and has been at least entertaining until the police officers came in to the gunshop to get the rifles. The owner goes into "this is an AR15, etc. etc." and the cop says "I can't believe they sell this stuff" THEY meaning the Govt.! Gotta love Hollywood.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:22:07 PM EDT
Damned thing is on AGAIN. I just finished watching it, and lo and behold, "Next, 44 Minutes." They are getting a lot of mileage out of this Feinstein propoganda. If anything, the message I got was "full auto, maybe you hit your target once or twice, but with semi-auto, you can hit exactly what you want to hit, like the foot of the perp, or his knee caps. Semi is waaaaay more deadly than full auto." Grrrrr.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:48:21 PM EDT
I emailed 'em and shared my thoughts about the movie. What a load of proban BS
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:53:14 PM EDT
Gotto go check it out...thanks for the headsup...later
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:11:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By slipjoint: If anything, the message I got was "full auto, maybe you hit your target once or twice, but with semi-auto, you can hit exactly what you want to hit, like the foot of the perp, or his knee caps. Semi is waaaaay more deadly than full auto." Grrrrr.
View Quote
Yep. The only way that they might have been able to hit anything important on full-auto is if they were using MG's--not rifles--especially at the distances they were shooting from.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:31:00 PM EDT
The myth that this flick was designed to perpetuate is a completely predictable move. How could anyone [i]not[/i] see it coming? Watch for it to reappear as the impending sunset of the '94 crime bill draws near, just to stoke the fire.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:50:59 PM EDT
Yep, I knew I was forgetting something last night. Ah well, maybe it will be back on.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:55:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By slipjoint: If anything, the message I got was "full auto, maybe you hit your target once or twice, but with semi-auto, you can hit exactly what you want to hit, like the foot of the perp, or his knee caps. Semi is waaaaay more deadly than full auto." Grrrrr.
View Quote
Be quite. BTW [b]I was right before I even watched it[/b]. What a coincidence. So much for Rupert Murdoch being pro-gun. Its a good thing the the house and senate are Republican.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2003 5:40:15 PM EDT by GiggleSmith]
After reading the above posts, I’m VERY grad I skipped watching La-La Land Butt-F[frag]cking us again. I was 95%+ sure it was going to be propaganda against us. It looks like I was about 2% off.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:31:59 PM EDT
Top Top