Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/31/2003 10:37:05 PM EDT
Ok I've never messed with any slings other than match shooting.

I'm looking for a tactical sling that I can put on my AR15 that will allow me to carry it on my back or accross my chest. I have a 16" with free float tube (aka no front swivel).

It's for an AR not M16 so it's going to be just a weapons carrier for walking the woods or extra carry for tactical use.

Let's hear some input so I can start my shopping!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:04:37 AM EDT
Go to "The Wilderness Co" website. They have a great single point tactical sling. You need a GG&G sling point that attaches between your butt stock and upper. when it's on the rifle, it hangs SO well. Easy access to your secondary weapon. I'm very happy. P.S. They also make the best tactical belts.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:10:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:52:21 AM EDT
First off, I admit I don't have a ton of experience with tactical slings. HOwever, after researching the topic for quite some time here on the site, I decided last year to try out the CQB Solutions SOP slings. I now have one on my 16" carbine, as well as on my wife's carbine. For comfortable carry will walking an 85-acre wooded plot, they just can't be beat IMHO. They allow the kind of carry you mentioned, and the quality is second-to-none.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:36:33 AM EDT
Another vote for the CQB Solutions SOP sling.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:25:22 PM EDT
where's the best place to get a GG&G sling point? I've seen them attached to CAR stocks, but do they fit ok with A1, A2? Checking the other websites now you guys listed thanks. [banana]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:27:27 PM EDT
Giles Single Point w/GG&G adaptor plate for carbines. Giles 3 point for full size rifles. The stuff from the The Wilderness will last forever and a day.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:56:32 PM EDT
guys I need a website for wilderness. I've never been there. gonna do a search.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:59:42 PM EDT
[url]http://www.thewilderness.com/Pages/slings_giles1.html[/url] CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:10:21 PM EDT
I've been looking for a sling myself...I've got an M4gery with the Ace ARFX buttstock...it comes with a sling mount point right at the front. On the SOP, how does it mount to the front of the M4? Just curious...can't tell from the photo.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:26:08 PM EDT
Fenian, I think that depends on the setup. looks like they have an adapter for side mount, but when I look at the listings online at coal they offer several different connections I'm looking at the HST and the Wilderness right now. I can't see a good pic of the Viking setup. Does anyone have a better pic of these setups???
Top Top