Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/31/2003 10:10:44 PM EDT
Who here has a stock AR and intends to keep it that way?

Also, who has more than one light on their AR and why? It has never made any sense to me why some AR owners have a kagillion lights for the same gun.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
When I buy my next AR, which will be pretty soon, I plan to keep it stock with no accessories.  As far as having more than one light on an AR, I find that to be a bit overkill.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one that will remain in stock configuration, A Blue Label 20" Pre ban.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who here has a stock AR and intends to keep it that way?

Also, who has more than one light on their AR and why? It has never made any sense to me why some AR owners have a kagillion lights for the same gun.
View Quote

I've never seen an AR with more than one light mounted.For stock appearance and a quality light, check out the Surefire M500 lights.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:35:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Some folks would put more than one light on their AR for a couple reasons. Surefire lights are very modular and they serve a number of purposes. For example, if someone had an M900A mounted to the bottom and a M97xx mounted to the side, a M900 would be the CQB light, while the M97xx with its turbo head and specially focused bulb would be their long range light. Another example of why you would have two lights is one of the lights could have an IR filter over the bezel. If you were to do this, one light is a blinding white light, the other is used only when wearing Night Vision Devices. Clearly mounting two lights is not for everyone, but clearly mounting more than one light is advantageous for some whose "job it is to kill people who need killing." Quoted Wes from MSTN.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#5]
mine is stock except for the single light
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top