Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Not anymore, and probably never again. Here is why.

I belong to  a club with about 1000 members.

The State is expanding a highway, such that it cuts out the safety buffer for our trap and skeet ranges.  No trap, no skeet- only indoor pistol. The club is effectively dead.

Could the NRA help us? Could they even bother to call a club officer or our lawyers back? No.

They did manage to call each and every one of us and ask for a donation.

I tell you, boys- that kind of thing really pisses me off.

So I say F*&^ 'em. I can write to my representatives for myself.

Pete

p.s. You can flame away, or you can try to explain why I should join up again. My mind is not totally closed- I'm just mad I can't shoot at my favorite club, and nobody cares except 1000 little guys.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Lifer in the house.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#5]
im a lapsed member. i believe they sold gunowners out on the assualt weapons ban and been avid compromisers of secondamendment rights all the while sticking their hand in our pockets.

i realize there isnt any other game in town. i'll give my money to someone that wont compromise my rights and then ask me for money to get them back.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Annual member in late 60's
Life member in 1980
Upgraded to Benefactor in 1986
Upgraded to Patron in 1990 and holding until they offer another "sale".
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:32:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Patron Member!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:43:19 AM EDT
[#8]
life member and all 4 kids and my wife are members.If any of you get a chance to go to a friends of nra banquet they are great.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:08:36 AM EDT
[#9]
You forgot one category.

I am now but will may not renew.

I have been since I wa sa kid, but am damn tired of their constant flow of propaganda. They only continue to get money from me WHEN the AWB dies....
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:10:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Life member NRA, GOA
Member CSSA
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:21:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Member of NRA, GOA, and VCDL.

The NRA may have its faults, but we are working to correct them. They have still been very effective at stopping a lot of the draconian gun-control that idiots like Hitlery and Suckie Chewmer have tried to push.

They are better than the alternative and have gotten much bolder about the AWB since 94...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:26:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Been a member about 5 years.  Also a charter member of [url=users.zoominternet.net/~pcfitz]P.I.G.S.[/url]

I noticed in the poll 2% are not members and I can understand the anger with some folks out there.  I myself have wavered from time to time but you have to admit, Wayne laid it on CNN (communist news network) pretty hard a couple weeks ago.  Now praying for AWB sunset.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes...
Joined in the rotunda of the Missouri Capital during the rally for CCW in Missouri...

Thought the event and venue would be a excellant place to join...

[sniper2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I intend to join very soon.  I hope my money and vote count for something.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:19:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Been a member of the NRA since I was about 16.  I'm also a member of the TSRA (Texas State Rifle Association).  I give more generously to the NRA then I do the TSRA.  This is because Texas is anything but a liberal state, we are a Republican state.  Even most of the Democrats in Texas are pro-gun.  In other words, the TSRA doesn't need my help as much as the NRA does.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Member since 1957, now "Benefactor".
My son "Life Member" since he was 16.
My Daughter "Life Member" and competitor since she was 12.
My Wife PAC and RNC advisor.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Me and my wife.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm the NRA.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#19]
hell ya...
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Hell yea.Wife and I both.Hopefully my one year old grandaughter as soon as she can shoot.IMHO if anyone is serious about the second ammendment.Not to mention LOVES or shares our passion of freedom as well as firearms.It would be wise of them to join.Hopefully we may,be able to guarantee our RIGHTS as well as our love for this great heritage!God willing!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Yup!!! Have been for quite some time, now... The girlfriend is too... It's a requirement of my favorite R&G Club, that ALL members belong to the NRA - I was an NRA member before joining the club, though...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Member for past 17 years or so. Plan to be for life.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top