Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 10:58:23 AM EDT
How many people out there collect colt AR15's , magazines, catalogs, boxes, etc?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#1]
(raising hand like Arnold Horschack)...Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, me, me, me.  Got nine and counting, yet still the Gov't carbine eludes me.  [:(]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
(raising hand like Arnold Horschack)...Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, me, me, me.  Got nine and counting, yet still the Gov't carbine eludes me.  [:(]
View Quote

Any pictures?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:51:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I started out with a Sporter Target, then got a Sporter Competition HBAR, and could not shake the bug until I got a Sporter Match HBAR.  Basically, I wanted various versions of the full size Sporter Rifles.

Now I find myself wanting the carbines.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:36:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I started out with a Sporter Target to shoot the DCM clinic's with in 1991, now I have a Target, 2 H-Bar's (one converted to a M4gery) and a Comp H-Bar, all from the batch made in 1993 machined for the front take-down pin. I also have a 1980 SP1.

The Post's are the 24" CAR and a 7.62x39 Lightweight car.

I also have most Mfr's of mags including a few waffle mags and the catalogues from 1992 to 1997.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#5]
well being 19 and broke im only collecting one colt match target and 2 30rd colt clips for now
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone know of a good source for pictures and info on all the colt ar15 models.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Any pictures?
View Quote

No pictures, but a good place to see different varieties of Colts along their developmental timeline would be at Biggerhammer.net.  You could probably surf on Gunsamerica, Gunbroker, and fjvollmer for pics of different Colt mod's.  Hope this helps.

Cloak-
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:51:44 AM EDT
[#8]
The AR-15 Complete Owners Guide by Kueleck & Duff has some pic's of Colt's different variants, it's the only thing I have found so far.

Match223
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:05:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
well being 19 and broke im only collecting one colt match target and 2 30rd colt clips for now
View Quote

Hey, he called a mag a clip, isn't anyone going to say anything?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:06:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey, he called a mag a clip, isn't anyone going to say anything?
View Quote

He's young [:)]

Hey Jason,  clips are used to load magazines (ie. stripper clips) unless you are talking about an M1 Garand which uses 8 round clips instead of magazines.

Some people around here will jump you for using the wrong term...

EDITED:  Oh yeah... I have an SP1 rifle, two consecutively serialed gold Colt Lady Derringers with the fancy case(impulse buy), and looking for a reasonable SP1 carbine.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Seriously working on it.One down hopefully many more to come.I love my baby,a.k.a.hvy brl match target!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top