Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/31/2003 5:24:21 AM EDT
  I know this is old stuff for some of you, but could I get any more comments on the set up described below...............Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been monitoring this site for quite some time and have learned a lot, thanks for all the great info!

I am planning on ordering my first AR15 in the next few weeks and am interested in comments on the configuration I have come up with. I will be ordering a Bushmaster. I am thinking about a 16" M4 barrel with no muzzle break (patrolman's carbine), an A3 upper and an A2 butt stock which I may change to the Ace skeleton stock, and the M4 style handguard.

I came up with this configuration because the concensus seems to be that a muzzel break is to noisy and the M4 barrel is a little lighter (better balance) and I think looks good (although I have not seen very many 16" M4 barrels with no muzzel breaks out there). Also, if the "ban" goes away, it may be easier to modify to a preban setup (telescoping stock and A2 flash hide).

What do you think? Good? Bad? Ugly? Pls. give me your honest feedback, I don't want to make a mistake on my first AR. Thanks!

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  10:54:10  
Cutter75
Team AR15.Com

MO,  USA
User Info Email User Reply Quote Send IM Message

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds good to me...

I agree with leaving the barrel alone for future upgrading after AWB sunsets...
Smart move...

I started with a A2 upper - 20" barrel for my "first" AR. My next one will be an A3 upper with a 16", Ace skeleton stock...
Have no opinion on handguards though, they all look good to me, some more exotic than others...

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  11:37:11  
notack
Team AR15.Com

CA,  USA
User Info Email User Reply Quote Send IM Message

Quoted:
I've been monitoring this site for quite some time and have learned a lot, thanks for all the great info!

I am planning on ordering my first AR15 in the next few weeks and am interested in comments on the configuration I have come up with. I will be ordering a Bushmaster. I am thinking about a 16" M4 barrel with no muzzle break (patrolman's carbine), an A3 upper and an A2 butt stock which I may change to the Ace skeleton stock, and the M4 style handguard.

I came up with this configuration because the concensus seems to be that a muzzel break is to noisy and the M4 barrel is a little lighter (better balance) and I think looks good (although I have not seen very many 16" M4 barrels with no muzzel breaks out there).

This is a very nice vision for your rig, but

Also, if the "ban" goes away, it may be easier to modify to a preban setup (telescoping stock and A2 flash hide).

this shows your already looking to customize/personalize it.

AR15 Board  •  AR Discussions  •  NEW BUSHMASTER  
AR15 Board
Add Poll New Topic Reply Forward Subscribe

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:22:59 AM EDT
[#1]
markd - you won't make a mistake going this way -

I could go to any gunshop in town, buy any configuration AR15, from any manufacturer, and I'd love it, and it'd shoot well.

'Don't sweat the small stuff'

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top