Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/28/2003 5:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/28/2003 5:11:19 PM EDT by Blackjack272]
Can I order a chrome lined 20" barrel from them? I'm looking at their standard A2 model, but I want the peace of mind that comes with a chrome barrel. I know it is not necessarily easier to clean, but I am going to be shooting this under all conditions, and sometimes with military surplus M855 ammo ( read the ammo oracle so I won't have to ask any stupid, repetitive questions ). THis rifle would be for range use from 100 to 500 yards, but I don't need STERLING accuracy - this gun will also have to double as a home-defense gun, so the chrome chamber and bore is a must.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:00:28 PM EDT
No, I beleive that only some of the M4 barrels have chromelining.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:33:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By notack: No, I beleive that only some of the M4 barrels have chromelining.
View Quote
Yeah, and some of their barrels sold as "chrome lined"--aren't. I know; I got stuck w/one, and made the mistake of not checking it out before I mounted and fired it. So if you order a chrome lined barrel, make sure it is BEFORE you put it on and use it Silly me. I thought I'd get what I paid for without having to check it out[;D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:44:31 PM EDT
Call RRA and ask for Steve. You may have to wait, but he'll probably get you one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:10:29 PM EDT
Thanks a million. Do they have an E-mail address?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:21:51 AM EDT
sham, how do you check it to make sure it is chromelined?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:26:58 PM EDT
If it's chrome-lined there will be a ring of silver around the muzzle where the parkerizing doesn't stick to the chrome. One of these days I'll remember to bookmark that picture Troy posts that shows it... Last I heard chrome-lined was only available on RRA M4 barrels, but it doesn't hurt to call them and ask.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:29:33 PM EDT
Or...you can call Pete-in-NH (Legal Transfers) or Donnie (Sableco) - both listed in the Industry Forum. They'll know if RRA has (or will have) chromelined barrels in other lengths/configs. If not, then either one will sell you a non-RRA chrome lined that they probably have in stock.
Top Top