Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2003 10:03:55 PM EDT
So I had my Bushy open and spraying the CLP and decided to shoot some down the gas port and then thought, oh no! I blew it out with some canned air but did I plug something up maybe?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't worry about it. I seriously doubt it will clog the gas tube. If you are really worried, go down to the local headshop and purchase the longest pipe cleaners they've got.
The next time you go out shooting, if your AR doesn't chamber a new round after firing, you'll know it's clogged (or a mag problem).
Have you shot an obscene amount of ammo through the rifle without cleaning it afterwards, if not then don't sweat it!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:31:40 AM EDT
[#2]
don't waste your time with pipecleaners in the gas tube... those are for cleaning the gas KEY.

don't worry about a little CLP in the tube... but its not needed, and oil in the bore would be a bad thing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:35:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So I had my Bushy open and spraying the CLP and decided to shoot some down the gas port and then thought, oh no! I blew it out with some canned air but did I plug something up maybe?
View Quote

Nah, don't worry about it. Gas system is self cleaning for the most part. It'll just blow whatever CLP is left into your carrier, where you are supposed to put two drops of CLP anyway.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:52:01 AM EDT
[#4]
For God's sake man, don't try sticking a pipe cleaner in the gas tube!!. More gas tubes have been ruined with stuck pipe cleaners than from "lack" of cleaning. These guys (sorry HighStrung1, you do not) have it right - the gas tube is self-cleaning.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Great, thanks for all the info guys! :)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#6]
When I used to shoot military competition, we would quick clean at the end of the day and make it bone dry (spray solvent).  The next day we would fill the gas tube with CLP before we started shooting.  The first round blew CLP through the system.  We never had any malfunctions doing it this way.

Note, I don't do this with my own weapons, but I doubt it would ever hurt anything if you dropped a little in on accident.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top