Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2003 2:04:18 PM EDT
Please eliminate my ability to come in here.  I originally joined because of my interest in Ar-15's. I wanted to buy one but I have changed my mind.  It is too easy for me to become confrontational, so I ask that you BAN me for life!  I like lively discussions, different view points and opinions, but I've noticed that one cannot voice his opinion or belief in a gun (if it is not an AR-15) without getting slammed by the black rifle folk and or threataned by a moderator to "Watch what you say there fella!".  Face it, the rifle is only as good as the person shouldering it.  A couple of analogies -- Good boxing gloves does not make a good boxer.  $500 dollar hockey skates doesn't make a person an NHL player.  So, I'll take my AK-47 and continue to enjoy its capabilities and you guys have fun with your AR's. Ban me now or who knows, I might just be back to "stir the pot!"  
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I like when the pot is stirred. I also like AK's. Hey different tools for different jobs.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What are you doing back here?  I thought you said your final good-bye a couple of days ago?
If you really wanted to get banned from here I'm sure you would have done it by now.  Truth is you like it here and you love the attention you get by starting shit storms.  

Now, get busy pissing people off! [;D]

Oh yeah, IBTL!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Please eliminate my ability to come in here.  I originally joined because of my interest in Ar-15's. I wanted to buy one but I have changed my mind.  It is too easy for me to become confrontational, so I ask that you BAN me for life!  I like lively discussions, different view points and opinions, but I've noticed that one cannot voice his opinion or belief in a gun (if it is not an AR-15) without getting slammed by the black rifle folk and or threataned by a moderator to "Watch what you say there fella!".  Face it, the rifle is only as good as the person shouldering it.  A couple of analogies -- Good boxing gloves does not make a good boxer.  $500 dollar hockey skates doesn't make a person an NHL player.  So, I'll take my AK-47 and continue to enjoy its capabilities and you guys have fun with your AR's. Ban me now or who knows, I might just be back to "stir the pot!"  
View Quote

Thats just not true.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've noticed that one cannot voice his opinion or belief in a gun (if it is not an AR-15) without getting slammed by the black rifle folk...
View Quote

Well, that's why there a forums on this site for different types of firearms. Just go to the one that covers your firearm of interest. I have a variety of different firearms, therefore I hang out in the AK Forum, AR-15 Forum, Shotgun Forum, etc.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I think what he's saying is that he is hooked on the site, if not on ARs (yet), and he can't keep himself off of it; so he wants the mods to "cold turkey" him by banning him[:D]

You don't want to post here----go cold turkey for yourself, sport[;D]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#6]
You're right.  Imagine what he's gonna be like when he finally gets his first AR!  LOOK OUT [shock]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm still eyeballin that purty Bushmaster Super Light Weight at the local gun shop!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#8]
you are banned, dont come back. How was that? just want you to be happy.
GG
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm still eyeballin that purty Bushmaster Super Light Weight at the local gun shop!
View Quote

Go on, get it!  Quit resisting and just give in [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a friend that uses XANAX...for his addictive tendecies.....

oh yeah......GET OUT!!!

NAAAA....Stay....you give'em hell!!! I do!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Gosh I don't know.  I feel like the guy with the devil on one of my shoulders and the angel on the other. Only this time it's Darth Vader on one shoulder and OB1 on the other.  Do I give in to the Dark Side?  Or "Use the force Luke!"???
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I tried that long ago when I went confrontaional long ago in a place far/far away with moderators/staff that no longer has access to this place.  They would never ban me, so I volantarily left for quite a while till this place turned away from the dark side. Then I ended up a moderator for a couple of forums here. Whodda thunk it?

Whining and complaining about it won't really get you banned. You will most likely have to actually repeatedly break board rules.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I really don't want to be banned.  I really enjoy reading firearm related topics.  So much so that I think I've read EVERY thread in AR15.com!  lol.  Maybe it was post Memorial Day burn out that caused me to go cyber postal towards the Mod last night and a few of the members.  maybe it's because I spent sooo much on AK-47 accessories that I can't just go down and pick up that Bushmaster I've had my eye on for the last month.  Oh well, if you guys can put up with my opinions and (hopefully constructive critisism), I'd like to remain here at Ar15.com and eventually become a Jedi Knight. What say you?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#14]
[b]It is too easy for me to become confrontational[/b]

Maybe you should voluntarily take some time off and get this problem taken care of first...

If not, THEN mabe a ban should be considered.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#15]
It's all good Frankie.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Oy vey, are you still here?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#17]
You know Frankie, you can read all the posts you want while banned, you just can't post.
If your funds are short you might try saving for the lower first, then find a cheap used upper on the EE board. AR's are every bit as fun to shoot as AK's.

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Frankie, just sit down and relax... I remember when I had my first beer, too...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't let the door hit you in the ass.....

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#20]
He's no Imbroglio.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He's no Imbroglio.
View Quote

Thank goodness for that.  If we had two Imbroglios,  I'd consider dropping out[:D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe we can make it easy for you by having something for us to remember you by when your gone, specially if you think we think this about you.  

The first blue haired little old lady I ever met was my Grandmothers foster sister.  Her name was Frankie too.  So I can equate you with a little blue haired lady.

Frankie and Johnny were lovers.  Hmm equate that for yourselves.

So there.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top