Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/26/2003 7:54:14 PM EDT
Hey everyone, I finally got around to taking a few pics of my newest addition to the collection, Its my second AR, A pre-ban Oly lower and a new Bushy M4 upper with the new style phantom. Got out this weekend and put a couple hundred rounds down the pipe, no problems at all and got the iron sights zeroed. Still have a side sling swivel and sling coming and haven't decided on an optic as of yet. Thanks for all the great info here.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice rig! I will post pics of mine when and if I get it shooting!
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey guys,
Well I eventually had to send the lower back to Olympic. The trigger pins started walking out really bad and their was a problem with the safety detent. Shipped it back to 'em on the 20th of last month and got it back exactly 3 weeks later. They remanufactured the lower free of charge! And I wasn't even the original owner. Can't beat that with a stick! The fit and finish on these new lowers are much better. Matches up nicely on my Bushy upper. Got it sighted in this weekend and had no problems whatsoever. Still sitting on the fence as far as optics.

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p69a13706bfa7f761cf8754a7f85438cb/fb9d45f1.jpg[/image]

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#3]
for optics, it should reflect the use of the carbine, and since it is a M4 replica you are probably looking for short range duty or 0 to 100 yards.  Since it looks like you have the fixed carry handle A2 style upper an Aimpoint on a goose neck mount would seem a great choice IMHO.

I'm an EOTech guy myself, but both are darn good sighting systems and the Aimpoint it truly fast.  I have my EOTech mounted directly to the flattop on my DPMS 16" upper, CAV Comp, Eagle Arms lower, ARFX stocked rig. (A true mongrel!)
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply, I think I'm gonna go with the an Eotech 552. Found a good deal on one and has all I want in a short, intermediate range optic. Oh and the carbine is a detatchable carry handle. So I won't have to worry about a mount.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Coopman - just a question since you sent OLY back your preban upper and they returned a new upper is it still preban ??? I dont mean to rain on your parade but I am just curious - wouldn't want any bro' of mine slimed by the corporate entities .
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Coopman - just a question since you sent OLY back your preban upper and they returned a new upper is it still preban ??? I dont mean to rain on your parade but I am just curious - wouldn't want any bro' of mine slimed by the corporate entities .
View Quote

Its the LOWER he sent back, not the upper.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I swear to God I can read , was just suffering a little dyslexia just then ...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top