Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/25/2003 5:50:07 PM EDT
After much reading through these forums and getting some good feedback from some of my posts.  I have completed my Bushmaster M4 carbine based on what I felt worked best for me.  Since everyone seems to like pictures, here ya go!

Shown here with:
Aimpoint CompML2 mounted on a tactical carry handle, RAS handguards, SureFire M900A, Hogue grip, tactical bolt latch and charging handle, thermold mag with magpul, tactical sling attached to front post site with GG&G sling thing and rubber telestock pad.  You can find more pics and stuff at my homepage

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Kalel,
Nice setup, similar to one of mine.

Do yourself a favor and get the opaque cover for the Surefire.  It will protect the lens from rough use and if you are doing any "social work" with it, the cover will keep the bezel from flashing in the sun.

Mario
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I do have the surefire cover on order.  Unfortuncately, it is taking too long for tanners store front to fill it.  Interestly, they have charged my credit card for an order I placed sometime ago, but no shipment yet and they will not repsond to email. I guess I got to fight this one with my credit card company.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Kewl!

Can you see the open sights through the ML2? (co-witness, I'm new at this) is the dot centered when co-witnessing? (I have an RRA with a similar, but fixed sight/upper)

I ask because I have an ML2 w/the Aimpoint low ring on order from SWFA...should be here by Friday.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the red filter for the SureFires - save your night vision.

Depends on your AO, though.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, but an M4 is never truely 'complete.'

I'm sure you'll find something else you need on it, or perhaps you will need to replace an accessory with the newest model...

My CC cries everytime I hit AR15.com. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
RussB,

You can use the iron sites through the Aimpoint.  I am not sure what you mean by co-witness?  But the dot basically sits slightly lower than center of the optic if I recall correctly.  In any case, I use both the optics and iron sites.  Both are very accurate.

HKocher, you probably right, I will find something else to add on, change, etc. :D
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I like the red filter for the SureFires - save your night vision.

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Beautiful Bushy!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#9]
It looks good, but have you thought about sending it of to Kurt to get a better looking muzzle break?  Its the one thing that looks out of place, all in all, I do like it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Hmmm...I may have to consider that.  I didn't really think about another muzzle brake until you mentioned it.  Do you have a web address for Kurt?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#11]
[url]www.krebscustom.com[/url]

Kalel,
How do you like the surefire?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#12]
The surefire is awesome.  I am glad I got it!  I am using the 225 lumens lamp and red LED's.  Also, using the vertical grip is nice and comfortable.  The only real down fall to a setup like this or any other setup with lights, vertical grips and what have you, is the weight.  I dont know off hand how much this thing weighs, but when you need to be in the ready position for a long period of time.  The arms tend to start burning.  Cool part is you can strip off equipment fairly quick and easy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice!

--LS
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Very sweet rifle.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top