Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 12:25:15 PM EDT

Hello from Israel.

Just wanted to let you guys know I have seen every imaginable configuration of AR since I've been here. Amazing.

As far as slings. mag clamps, mag pulls, etc. it's whatever you can imagine! Tape, velcro, string, all types of optics and mounts. Nothing seems standard.

Kind of weird being in a place where you need to ask someone to move their rifle so you can get a seat on the bus...

Oh, have also seen security with Uzi smg and Mini Uzi. Quite a lot actually. Have also seen regular soldiers with full size Uzi too. So there are some still around. All with two mags clipped together.

Have also seen lots of Galils and a guy with a .30 carbine.

Nice place if you want to vist. Hardly a damn tourist in sight. Good security though.

Later,
Steve
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Stay safe over there Steve!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanks Marc. Will do my best!

PS - LOTS of A1's around. Will try to get some photos for you guys. Some people with pose, but others get kind of pissed...
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#3]
you gonna post photos?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, I envy you.  Wife and I are trying to buy a house, so it'll probably be two or three years before we can get over.

I hope we can still find all her old friends and fellow actors ftom the Haifa Theater. Always more fun when you can get with the locals.

Like the man said; stay safe[:D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
steve
what is your preferred M16 configuration, if I may ask? Most of the photos I've seen are of either the M16A1 with A2 handguards, or the M16A1 carbine with fixed carrying handle. Are there M4's or M16A4's over there yet?
take care of yourself, man.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a good site for Israeli weapons/etc:

[url]http://www.isayeret.com[/url]

:)
Alex
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top