Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2003 11:54:47 AM EDT
I'm curious about a couple things concerning mags: I see people posting asking about Green followers or Orange- Please explain! Also I know USGI mags are the most recommended but what about steel mags made by USA and others(I have a 30) & are the 40 rnd steel mags reliable? I just got a BM so I'll be testing a 30 & 40 rnd mags in a day or two... Also what about the Thermold mags?

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=17[/url] [;)]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://magfaq.tripod.com/[/url]

Everything you wanted to know about AR-15 magazines.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
USA mags suck, but Thermolds are great.  I have some and really like them.

I think orange followers are the same as the green ones.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think orange followers are the same as the green ones.
View Quote

They are, and ComputerGuy sells them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Neither mag I have have any markings. Hopefully they will function! Either way, I'll get some USGI mags & Thermolds.

Thanks for the link & info.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The orange followers i got from EE have been getting tilted and stuck when loading the magazine. This isn't happening with my green followers, even in the same magazine body.

They seem to feed fine, but i've resigned them to range mags only.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The USA mags are really great.
Put them on a fence post at 75 yards and they make great targets. otherwise they are just
plane SHXX. Thats why you can but them for about half the cost of USGI mags.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:14:10 AM EDT
[#8]
The USA steel mags were designed and manufactured for use by enemies of the United States.  They do what they were designed to do, fail when needed.  Perfect for our foes.  Mail them to Syria.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Another good magazine available right now are the British military surplus 30 rounders.

I think they are as good as USGI and they are made of steel rather than aluminum.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The USA steel mags were designed and manufactured for use by enemies of the United States.  They do what they were designed to do, fail when needed.  Perfect for our foes.  Mail them to Syria.
View Quote

[ROFL2]    so true!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top