Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2003 9:52:46 AM EDT
After many months lurking here and saving my pennies for my first ar I went to my gun shop to order it just to find out that it is not available right now and could be months before any come in. Thanks to this website I have the fever and I am very inpatient.I want my ar now!
I called all the dealers in driving distance of my house and none of them have it nor can get one quick even aim surplus has a long backorder. I dont really want a diffrent model I really like the a3 20 inch. Is there anywhere out there that carries these in stock?

Update:5/28/03
My new bushy should be in friday the dist. got some in so I might have it saturday. Maybe the cash deposit I left helped? Thanks for the replies and help picking out my first Ar this website is priceless!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Check gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com . I actually bought mine off of gunbroker for 650 bucks in like new condition . The previous owner said he shot 200 rounds through it but not even my gunsmith could find evidence of that .
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I found mine using Gallery of Guns (galleryofguns.com).  If you haven't used them before it's really easy.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.gunsamerica.com[/url]

Here's another place to look.

I just ordered a 20" gov barrel from bushmaster and they were in stock ready to ship.

Where you looking for and HBAR?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
been waiting on my local shop to track me down a Bushmaster 16" A2 for about 2 weeks now
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes I am looking for the hbar. My dealer can readily get the camo version but I think its kind of ugly. He says his distributer hasnt gotten any a3s in 4 months.I called bushmaster and they said they ship them out daily so I dont know why this dist. is having trouble getting them. Maybe I'm overreacting I dunno.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats funny my dealer has a 16" a2 in stock.
Maybe yours has a 20" a3 in stock.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just ordered a 20" gov barrel from bushmaster and they were in stock ready to ship.
View Quote

Did you order a post-ban government barrel, or a complete rifle with the gov barrel? I ordered a complete rifle with that barrel from my local shop 5-6 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting (also waiting on a 16" M4 upper).
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#8]
The Gun Rack in Burtonsville MD has them.  Its about an hour south of the PA border if your comming down I83.

Come on down, buy it, and you can walk out with it after NICS.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I tried gunsamerica.com and gunbroker.com today and neither have exactly what Im looking for.
Thanks for the advice.
Is it possible that there is an evil opposite to black rifle fever called I have the money but cant find a black rifle fever...I think I have both.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#10]
A trip to MD may happen out of desparity soon.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you order a post-ban government barrel, or a complete rifle with the gov barrel? I ordered a complete rifle with that barrel from my local shop 5-6 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting (also waiting on a 16" M4 upper).
View Quote

It was a barrel assembly only.  So the bottleneck must not be with the barrels. I assumed it was since you could find other configs. Mine is a preban gov with 1X7 twist. I assumed these would have been hard to get being the military barrel and all. hmm

Good luck,SHOOTIN4FUN be patient it will be worth it.  I got the black rifle fever just before Y2K and let me tell you it was a loooooonng wait to get anything then (waited 6-8 month for some stuff).
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I just checked Gallery of Guns - they have 25 in stock - Item #PCWA3S-20

Bushmaster E2S-A3 TARGET RFL 223 20IN - $1119.45

That's not the price you'll end up paying.  I got mine for $800.00 a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks I'll give them a shot.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top