Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2003 6:28:33 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy a telescoping stock for a pre-ban colt...What is the best manufacturer?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any idea which is best, but I bought a RRA six-position stock from Brownells and it's great!
The price was right and it fits perfectly.
Just be careful when taking your old stock off. That damn helical spring for the takedown pin detent is awfully hard to find when it shoots out of your receiver at light speed!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
[url=cavalryarms.com/furniture.html]Cavalry Arms[/url].
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
My choice is [url=www.vltor.com/home.htm]Vltor Modstock[/url]

[img]http://www.troyind.com/images/both.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It will accept a number of different stock designs without removing the tube.

-Troy
View Quote

Troy-

Both stocks have their own style and function. Yes, I agree with you, Rich took a big step to try something new and different. In the long run, I think both stock will do well in a market of 12-million customers, plus.

Oh, BTW, both the rifle and carbine Mod Stock will fit the carbine buffer tube and can convert from one to the other within seconds. Now the shooter has the ability to have a fix stock SPR or a collapsible CQB carbine, while using the same lower receiver and buffer tube. It's actually a trick set-up.

As mentioned before, both are unique in their own right.

LS
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The improved cheek weld of the modstock is not something i notice, becasue I shhot heads up, due to my Aimpoint. But with a regular scope I think it woud be hot shit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Treetop whats the spec on that buffer tube, is it milspec or not?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top