Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/21/2003 2:09:25 PM EDT
I just bought a CA. Legal M4. I was wanting to spice it up a little and make it look like it was on steroids. Anyone know of any simple additions that I can put on it to make it look more tactical. I've already ordered a TACM III light & Mount, and put the Red Dot Scope on it. I was thinking Laser Sight maybe? I also want those hand guard rails that fit the top and bottom of the hand guard, but all I can find are the full length rails, not the M4 style. Any input would be great, thx......Scott
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:21:50 PM EDT
COOL![beer] welcome to the addiction. I have two M4gery's set up on FAB's. If you just want a rail to mount to your handguards, and/or a foregrip, check; [url]advanced-armament.com/ar-15.html[/url]. a great deal on quality products. Laser sights a very subjective, some are plain junk and while there are very good ones, priced accordingly [rolleyes] anyway try reading through some pages in the Lights and Lasers forum.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:03:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2003 9:09:32 PM EDT by FCF_Predator]
Thx for the reply dude. This is a dead forum, a lot of people view your post but don't reply. I might have joined the wrong forum, lol., BTW this site is better for the stuff I'm talking about: [url]http://model1sales.com[/url] go chk'em out
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:02:25 PM EDT
Here's my setup: [img]http://www.burnerblog.com/gallery/albums/wpw-30/normal_2003-3%20005.jpg[/img] Bushmaster M4A3 w/mini-y M33 handguards Hogue pistol grip M3 Streamlight Vertical foregrip Side sling swivel mount Aimpoint ML2 w/#22M68 ARMS mount w/spacer MAD BUIS USMC M4 sling All told: $1830.00 (or so).
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:30:42 AM EDT
Just out of curiosity... how dod you make an M4 CA legal?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:35:26 AM EDT
It's most likely built on a FAB-10 lower. It's an AR-15 lower with a 10 round magazine welded in the well, so that it doesn't count as a semi-automatic rifle with a detacheable magazine.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:28:09 AM EDT
[wow] I didn't Think it was possible![snoopy] [shock]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:43:41 AM EDT
I believe to make a m4 leagal in California it can't have a removable magazine. I also think that it can only carry 5 rounds. It's really restrictive.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:51:49 AM EDT
I looked up the answer to the california question. Here it is.12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following: (1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following: (A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon. (B) A thumbhole stock. (C) A folding or telescoping stock. (D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher. (E) A flash suppressor. (F) A forward pistol grip. (2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds. (3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches. (4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following: (A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer. (B) A second handgrip. (C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel. (D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip. (5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds. (6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following: (A) A folding or telescoping stock. (B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip. (7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine. (8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder. (b) The Legislature finds a significant public purpose in exempting pistols that are designed expressly for use in Olympic target shooting events. Therefore, those pistols that are sanctioned by the International Olympic Committee and by USA Shooting, the national governing body for international shooting competition in the United States, and that are used for Olympic target shooting purposes at the time the act adding this subdivision is enacted, and that would otherwise fall within the definition of "assault weapon" pursuant to this section are exempt, as provided in subdivision (c).
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:04:01 AM EDT
may I never move to CA, my lord what a crock! Anyway I'm looking to add the First Samco M33s hanguards to my Colt M-4 and then add a vertical grip. EDGE767 how do you like the M33s?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:20:16 AM EDT
to make the the ar-15 type weapons legal they have to have a fixed, non-removeable 10 round magazine. To load you need to break down shot gun style. But so what, you can get a partial lower at a gun show. buy the pieces and make it the WAY GOD INTENDED when ever you want
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:26:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Midiman: Just out of curiosity... how dod you make an M4 CA legal?
View Quote
FAB 10 lower receiver;[url]GoGoGadgets.net[/url]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:20:41 AM EDT
Do a search for "Ca. legal assault weapons" or "FAB-10" on MSN search engine and you'll see how they are possible. Basically the lower has a fix 10 round, un-removeable magazine. Thats it! just the lower, you can have any upper you want , put anything you want on it, but it just has to have that 10 round mag. rivited into the magazine well so it cannot come out. to load you simply release the rear upper retaining pin, the weapon opens like a shot gun style old west kinda thing, you load your mag, slam down the upper, put the pin back in, and then get some!!! It's easy to fix and make it illegal, but I would never do such a thing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:53:51 AM EDT
I love the M33's! They're very solid and don't feel flimsy, they don't creak, and they don't give at all even when carrying the entire M4 by just the foregrip! I can hold it horizontal by the foregrip and there is no sound, give, etc. The M33's fit in really tight by design(so tight, in fact, that at first, I thought they were too large), but that helps keep everything stable. With that said, this isn't a solution if you want to put optics on a rail system: while mine doesn't move perceptably, I wouldn't trust it to optics.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:33:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2003 10:37:51 AM EDT by leelaw]
I would like to see how your carbine turned out, I'm working on my Kalifornia-Legal 20" Bushie w/ FAB-10 lower. It's my first firearm, so I figured I should go with a battle-tested and supercool-looking one.. I have everything except for the upper receiver/barrel assembly, which will be ordered in a few weeks, and my friends are already lining up to fire a few rounds! How did you manage to get away with a carbine? Do you have a flash suppressor or muzzle brake permanently attached to get past the minimum 16.5" barrel length requirement? Can you post a picture of yours? If you email me a picture I can host it for you. Check out my [url=http://home.attbi.com/%7Eleelaw/progress.html]Progress-O-Meter[/url]. The Kali Liberals may piss us off by making us use the FAB-10 lower, but we can piss them off by addding all the pre-ban features we want! Flare launcher, anyone?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:44:40 AM EDT
Once the mag is fixed, can you add an evil feature? Or is it no longer restricted to the 94 AW ban? Av.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:50:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2003 11:00:29 AM EDT by FCF_Predator]
The weapon was already assembled when I bought it. I just added the scope. the supressor is fixed but its legal, the catch once again is with the permanent magazine. You can add any thing you want to it as long as you keep the same lower. mine has the barrel indent for a grenade launcher attachment, lol. You can do whatever you want bro, just keep the FAB lower while in CA. Then put the real one on when you travel outside of the " Caliban " country Go to my web site to see the pics, under the weapons section
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:13:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Avalon01: Once the mag is fixed, can you add an evil feature? Or is it no longer restricted to the 94 AW ban? Av.
View Quote
Exactly! By definition an "AW" has to have "a detachable magazine", so because the FAB has no magwell, it isn't considered an "AW" and isn't limited to "post-ban" configuration.
Top Top