Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 6:28:31 AM EDT
the Bayo Lug, adjustable stock, Flash suppressor?
Is there a difference in the lower receiver or upper ?
I know this is a dumb question but then again I might be in that catagory !!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:39:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm no authority.
Don't trust my opinion.

My impression is that an "Assault Weapon", in the case of semiautomatic rifles, is characterized by possessing at least two of the following characteristics:

A folding or telescoping stock
A pistol grip (protrudes. . . )
A bayonet mount
A flash suppressor or threaded barrel
A grenade launcher

Someone who knows will give you the real answer.  Until then, my post will move your question to the top of the list.

IMHO
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:42:27 AM EDT
[#2]
In addition to those features listed would be a detachable magizine with a capacity potential of greater than 10 rounds.

But other than those cosmetic features there is no functional difference between pre and post ban.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:44:30 AM EDT
[#3]
-----BANG!!!---- I just fired a round.

Was it from a Pre or Post ban, semi-auto,, bolt gun, single shot??  Can you tell?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#4]
That sounded like a POST Ban to me !!!! [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In addition to those features listed would be a detachable magizine with a capacity potential of greater than 10 rounds.

But other than those cosmetic features there is no functional difference between pre and post ban.
View Quote

Yes, of course.
Good point.
Thanks, I somehow took that for granted.
IMHO
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#6]
The difference is...before the ban people had a greater chance of getting stabbed to death with a bayonet, because we all know if I have a gun in my hand I would rather stab someone, YEAH RIGHT!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The difference is...before the ban people had a greater chance of getting stabbed to death with a bayonet, because we all know if I have a gun in my hand I would rather stab someone, YEAH RIGHT!
View Quote

Look at crime statistics and you will see that since THE BAN not one person has been involved in a drive by Bayonetting
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top