Long time lurker here, first time to post.
I currently have a Bushmaster DCM that I am thinking of selling. I recently got into prairie dog shooting and need a rifle suitable for that. The open sites of the DCM just don't cut it. I thought about getting a flat top upper for the DCM but for the same amount as a good upper I could get a nice bolt action, plus I hate to bastardize the DCM like that. I also thought about putting a scope on top of the carry handle but it just felt to high.
So my questions are:
1) What would this gun be worth? I has had maybe 200 rounds through it and is in very good shape all the original stuff that came with it plus a couple of other magazines.
2) From what I understand I do not need an FFL to sell the rifle, only the buyer needs to supply this to me? Do I understand this correctly? I don't want to do anything wrong here.
3) Other than this site where would one list a gun for sale? I can't put it in the paper as they won't take gun ads from individuals here in Denver.
4) What other gun would you all recommend for prairie dog hunting? I was thinking of the following models Remington 700 VSSF, Savage 12FVSS or the Browning A-Bolt Varmint Stalker, all in .223.
5) Anything else I should be considering or thinking about before getting rid of the DCM?
What it's worth: [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/dcm/pcwa2s20dcm8.asp[/url] What you need: [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/post-ban/purvmb24fvar9.asp[/url] Why not have both?
I thought about getting the new upper from Bushmaster but at over $700 I was a little put off. If I do this I only end up with 1 1/2 guns (one lower and two uppers) and I have around $2000 invested. Not sure if that is the smartest thing to do or not. For the same $700+ I could get a whole complete bolt action rifle. I am tempted however since I like the DCM so much. Thanks Joe