Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/19/2003 5:29:26 PM EDT
or should i get rid of it.... i have a bushmaster carbine, with forged upper and lower... i also have a DPMS 20' are these ok with the cast reciever.... i believe the upper and lower are cast.... i wish i knew this kind of stuff before i got it.... i paid about $700 ... retail is $879 or so.... i would like to hear opinions of the DPMS cast rifles, and their repuataion.... thanks.... need to decide to keep or sell... for another forged reciever like my bushy...thanks
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:36:06 PM EDT
i had a dpms cast.no problems with it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:08:26 PM EDT
All DPMS prebans were cast and I have never heard of any problems with them so I would not worry about it. Most likely only the lower is cast as all recent DPMS uppers are forged unless it is a preban. Then it may be cast. Enjoy your DPMS!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:12:46 PM EDT
Ive never had a problem with my cast DPMS lower, then again, it's stainless steel...LOL You can still get cast lowers. If yours is a preban, you may get lucky and "accidentally" run over it sometime. If that happened, DPMS may replace the receiver with a forged unit sporting the SAME preban serial number. I would pay a premium for a forged DPMS preban lower if they existed!
Top Top