Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/18/2003 4:21:06 PM EDT
I've only had my EOTech 511 for a couple of weeks and I haven't even had time to sight it in yet. Well I tried to turn it on yesterday and it would not come on, and the batteries were brand new. So I went ahead thinking it was the batteries and bought new ones. Well, as I figured, the batteries weren't the problem. My EOTech must be defective. Anyone else have this problem or have any recommendations? I purchased it from SWFA so I'm sure they will make it good.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:43:53 PM EDT
Contact SWFA.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:12:17 PM EDT
Were you outside for this last attempt. If it was a sunny day, the brightness that it defaults on at it not bright enough to see on a very sunny day, and it will have to be turned up. You may very well have tried this, but I know that I will always miss some obvious step and think something is wrong that isn't. Just making sure all your bases are covered. This happened to me when I went to sight mine in. It was all cool and everything at my house, but when I went to the range all of a sudden my sight didn't work. It took me at least a minute to think to turn the intensity up. I am kind of ditsy sometimes though. Otherwise I'd say call SWFA. The worst part is you have to wait until tomorrow, I hate waiting to solve a problem...
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:15:45 PM EDT
I see what you are saying Hero, but I was inside when playing with it. It hasn't even been outside yet. I'll just have to call SWFA. They have good service.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:32:50 PM EDT
Man that totally sucks! Maybe it is mad that you haven't zeroed it yet... :)
Top Top