Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/18/2003 8:40:20 AM EDT
I did a search--but it only goes back 30 days---so I didn't find much.

A local dealer here has a NIB Eagle for $749.

It has:
Flat top upper
Complete with carry handle
20" barrel
Full front sight
Muzzle brake

Any good or bad experience with Eagle???

Is this a good price for a complete weapon??

Thanks

OBG
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:55:40 AM EDT
Are they that bad??? Or just nobody knows anything about them???
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:08:27 AM EDT
If you are talking about Eagle Arms, they are made by Armalite and are well made. Check the Armalite website in the Industry forum for a history.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:13:44 AM EDT
Good rifle, good price! I have an Eagle Arms lower, great trigger, finish, and well made.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:22:39 AM EDT
Eagle Arms are fine AR's. The major difference between Eagle and ArmaLite is the Eagle line has a one year warranty while the ArmaLite brand has a lifetime warranty - both to the original owner.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:28:33 AM EDT
I bought an Eagle stripped lower and built a complete lower for my LWR .499. I used an Armalite lower build kit (Eagle's are made by Armalite) and the skeletonized stock, buffer, spring and tube from Bushmaster (later I found the stock much cheaper elsewhere). I really like the Eagle lower. Well made.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:29:44 AM EDT
If you are talking about Eagle Arms, they are made by Armalite and are well made. Check the Armalite website in the Industry forum for a history. END Actually the Armalite name was purchased by Eagle arms. So Eagle aslo makes Armalite not the other way around. I would rank them as behind Colt and Bushmaster and ahead of junk like Oly. This is based on owning two Armalite products with problems. In fairness the problems guns were not ar15's. On is an AR10T the other was a AR180B. PAT
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:29:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/18/2003 10:30:25 AM EDT by OldTiger]
What 5subs said. Good stuff, Maynard.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:34:04 AM EDT
Like the other guys said, Armalite bought out Eagle Arms, but you can still buy Eagle Arms rifles that were made before they sold out to Armalite. You can usually tell if it's made by Eagle Arms because they put their trademark white eagle logo stamped onto the front of the mag holder. And by the way, yes they are great rifles.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:53:54 AM EDT
Actually the Armalite name was purchased by Eagle arms. So Eagle aslo makes Armalite not the other way around. I would rank them as behind Colt and Bushmaster and ahead of junk like Oly. This is based on owning two Armalite products with problems. In fairness the problems guns were not ar15's. On is an AR10T the other was a AR180B. PAT Pat, While what you say is technically correct in a timeline sense, the current company is named ArmaLite Inc.. Eagle Arms is listed as a division of ArmaLite. That is why I suggested he check the history on ArmaLite's website.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:35:47 PM EDT
The current production rifles are identical to any Armalite product. The thing with the Eagle is it could be a put together kit gun since they sell Eagle brand lowers separate. I would assume the Eagle complete rifles come in a box with a manual and accy. If it has this it should be a factory assembled gun and be able to get warranty service on it if needed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:26:35 PM EDT
Top Top