BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2003 6:41:54 PM EDT
Is Millett a good scope for my Bushy?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
There are plenty of good scopes out there. Take a look at the Weaver Grand Slam series, the Nikon Monarch series, or the Bushnell Elite 3200, or 4200 series scopes; none of them are all that expensive, and all of them are good quality.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
A scope will show you just how well your AR will shoot.

I put a ARMALITE scope mount on my 20" A3, and I bought a TASCO EXP scope on closeout, with a big 42mm x 54mm oval lense, and it clears the front handguard by about 1/8".

I'm still not sure about the target knobs on it, I simply sighted it dead-on at 100 yards with 45 gr JHP. In theory, I should be able to look at a prarie dog at 250 yards, click the top knob x-number of clicks and be dead-on, but I haven't tried it yet.

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A scope will show you just how well your AR will shoot.

I put a ARMALITE scope mount on my 20" A3, and I bought a TASCO EXP scope on closeout, with a big 42mm x 54mm oval lense, and it clears the front handguard by about 1/8".

I'm still not sure about the target knobs on it, I simply sighted it dead-on at 100 yards with 45 gr JHP. In theory, I should be able to look at a prarie dog at 250 yards, click the top knob x-number of clicks and be dead-on, but I haven't tried it yet.

View Quote

m.man, I'm guessing your AR probably has a 1:9 twist barrel (?) and if so I would also try some 62grn bullets when you test for accuracy.
(Just a suggestion.)
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have the bucks and you want the best scope money can buy, then get you a Leupold.  Preferrably the Vari X III models.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of 62 grain ammo do you like?

I've got some Q3131 Ammo that shoots well, and I have some PMC 55 gr ball ammo, that is hit & miss on the accuracy end, and I've got some WW 45 gr JHP thats shoots consistently well.

Some of the PMC shot into about an inch, but some of it was terrible, with very erratic groups.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top