Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2003 1:31:46 AM EDT
Are the ARs from RRA any good? It looks like they have pretty good prices. Also, if you have ordered from them, do they charge extra for the options they offer for some of their rifles?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:14:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I am very pleased with mine so far. I did not order from them so I cannot answer your second question.

spork: a combination spoon-fork device commonly found at many fast food establishments.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:36:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm very happy with mine. Built by Pete at Legal Transfers.

I spoke to RRA about options on a rifle built by them and in some cases they'll make changes for you at no charge. Just depends on what you want done. Call and ask.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I built a complete lower with a two-stage trigger.  It has worked perfect for me....

I have been reading a large amount of good information about their AR's on this site...

What I have learned is that they have wilson barrels & if you buy a complete rifle from them it will have a lifetime warranty...

Cant beat that.

Prosise
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]
The only downside to RRA is that, like all manufacturers except Colt and BM,they utilize 4140 steel for their barrels rather than mil spec 4150.

The difference should not be noticable to the civilian consumer.

Despite their lowers tending to have high rear shelves and a past issue with their upper specs, RRA offer excellent value for the money.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:51:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Very happy with my RRA M4.  Didn't buy it as a complete rifle but put it together with all RRA parts.  Excellent fit and flawless shooting.  RRA is a great gun at a good price and have heard they have good customer service.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Hello,

I purchased my AR from RRA back in January.  I LOVE it.  Fit and finish, quality, customer service all top notch.  When ordering from RRA, they will build to suit your needs.  The only thing is when you get away from the stock rifles it adds to your wait time.  I purchased the Elite LE Tactical CAR A4.  The only mods. I got was a removeable front sight and gas block added and I went with the muzzle break.  Again,  RRA is awesome in my book...

If you ever call or email, direct it to Steve.  He was a huge help to me and didn't mind taking time to talk with me....

www.rockriverarms.com

[email protected]

1 (309) 792-5780

Good Luck....

Edited to add:

Yes I did pay for the changes I made. Prices for some of the changes/options I thought were minimal....

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#7]
MaximusDane, were you charged extra for the mods?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#8]
OK, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I just bought a RRA 24" varmint today and i love it, i havent shot it yet, but the fit and finish is great.  and the price was good too
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The only downside to RRA is that, like all manufacturers except Colt and BM,they utilize 4140 steel for their barrels rather than mil spec 4150.

View Quote

I just can't understand why 4150 would make a difference with a chrome lined barrel.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#11]
It really doesn't make much difference.  The 4150 is harder, but for semi-auto use, the 4140 is more than adequate.

As KODoc mentioned, the 4140 is just fine for civilian (and most LE) use.  Sometimes there is WAY too much emphasis on "MilSpec" in the civilian market.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a complete RRA 20" A2 w/Wilson brake and I love it.  Probably the most accurate rifle right out of the box I've owned with the possible exception of my M1A.  I also have a RRA lower that has a DPMS M4gery upper on it that works great.  Both of them have a perfect fit between the upper and lower.  Very snug w/no wobble.  Finish is excellent on all pieces.  I also have Cav Arms, Bushmaster and PWA components and wouldn't hessitate to recommend RRA.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I also heard that they have two kinds of muzzle brakes available for their rifles. What is the difference between the two?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Pete in NH build me, shoots like a dream.  Great fit, it is now on a PWA lower, which it seems too like even better than the Colt(I heard a rumor that PWA sold its tooling to RRA, so that might be the ticket).
[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=2422[/url]

edited to ad:  would recommend Pete build you an upper, he can do it for about the same price or less and do a much better job
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pete in NH build me, shoots like a dream.  Great fit, it is now on a PWA lower, which it seems too like even better than the Colt(I heard a rumor that PWA sold its tooling to RRA, so that might be the ticket).
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=2422[/img]

edited to ad:  would recommend Pete build you an upper, he can do it for about the same price or less and do a much better job
View Quote

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=2422[/img]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry to bring back an old topic, but I was specifically interested in the RRA M4 Entry Tactical POST-BAN for $875 on their site (since I wouls certainly assume that the PRE-BAN one is for Law Enforcement only at that price).  Are both of them for Law Enforcement only, or am I able to buy the POST-BAN one just as it's pictured on the site here:

[url]http://www.rockriverarms.com/m4_entry_tactical.htm[/url]

?

$875 seems to be too good of a price for an AR like that!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#17]
You may buy the post-ban version, and may even get a better price than the MSRP $875. Shop around.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a CAR A2M4 that had a muzzle brake already attached.  The trigger - a 2 stage - is smooth as glass.  Incredible trigger.  Fit and finish is wonderful.  A couple of friends told me that RRA is a good product and I bought based on their recommendation; boy howdy am I glad that I listened to them.

Customer support is terrific.

You will be pleased.

Mike Sigman
[email protected]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top