Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/16/2003 6:20:49 PM EDT
Hi guys! I'm considering building my second M4 type rifle. I think of going with a Bushmaster brand to keep the cost down a bit this time (My last Colt caused me an arm and and a leg). I'm considering the fully modular system with flat-top reciever, Integral Rail System on the forearm etc. My question is what sorts of advantages and disadvantages is there with this system vs. the standard M4 models? How ergonomic (comfortable) are they to hold and fire?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:09:48 PM EDT
I'm building a Bushmaster M4 A2, just got an M44S Quad rail system and vertical grip. Comfortable to shoot, I like it! Don't see any advantage over my other carbines, but looks cool.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:13:11 PM EDT
If you do build another M4, I recommend installing an ARMS SIR system on it. The SIR is the sh!t. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:13:56 PM EDT
MarineNP: Well you being a Republican your opinion will automatically carry more weight with me! hehe Dude! What is an ARMS SIR? Could you point me the way so I can have a look see? Tell me why you think it is the "sh!t"????
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:46:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DDP: MarineNP: Well you being a Republican your opinion will automatically carry more weight with me! hehe Dude! What is an ARMS SIR? Could you point me the way so I can have a look see? Tell me why you think it is the "sh!t"????
View Quote
And why do you prefer the ARMS over the KAC ??
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:10:09 PM EDT
I don't even know what a ARMS is! I'm very new to this sort of stuff. The M4 I have now is standard model. I'd like as many opinions and suggestions as to gear, optics etc. as possible. As well as the thoughts and or coments of people with experience using the fully modular system e.g. quad rail etc.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:29:24 PM EDT
I prefer the KAC free float RAS or RAS2. Why? It allows me to use magnified optics at the correct height so I can place my cheek on my stock like it was intended. The SIR does not allow this. Also the KAC units with panels are MUCH more comfortable to shoot than the strange profile of the SIR. If you want completely modular you will need a modular stock too. This will allow you to swap stocks as fast as you can swap uppers. The Magpul MSS M93 stock has the best cheek weld and modularity of any stock ever made.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:50:34 PM EDT
DevL Thank you! I'll check all of that out ASAP! Does anyone else have anything to add or detract or coment on?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:44:36 PM EDT
Here's the ARMS SIR system. A.R.M.S. makes the SIR (Selective Integrated Rail) [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/handguards/arms-sir45-c.asp[/url] Knight's Armament makes the RAS (Rail Adapter System). You can find the RAS I/II systems here. [url]http://mstn.biz/[/url] They are both the best systems available but I prefer the SIR over the RAS II. It's just my opinion. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:59:42 AM EDT
FWIW I think the SIR is better looking in many ways than the KAC RAS series of fore ends and if I did not have to use the SIR to hold (used front pistol grip instead) and did not need a consistant cheek weld (Aimpoint) I would get the SIR.
Top Top