Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/16/2003 10:53:19 AM EDT
Hey,  I'm interested in adding a vertical foregrip to my 16" "tuber" www.shackspace.com/[email protected]/firearms/new-tuber-side.jpg.

I don't really want the bipod/sling stud there (was put there w/o asking me! ) and was wondering if anyone has seen short picatinny rails that I could mount to the bottom of the tuber's handguard.  It is about 2-2.5" in diameter IIRC.

I ask because I normally see foregrips mounted so damn close to the mag well.  Why?

TIA
Jake
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I 'think' GG&G may make a short rail and vertical grip.  I agree with you that many vertical grips are too close to the mag - mine is pretty well forward.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have the money then get a SureFire M900 series tac light w/ vertical grip.  They're pricey but they're the best.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I ask because I normally see foregrips mounted so damn close to the mag well.  Why?

TIA
Jake
View Quote

Because that is where they belong [;)].  

The modern CQB rifle stance is similar to the Weaver pistol stance, with the body square to the target and the elbows tucked in.  having the hands close together allows the best control.  With the grip out at the end of a RAS, I feel like I swing past the target every time, while using a mag well hold or close foregrip I can track much better.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top