Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/14/2003 6:31:30 PM EDT
This past year, I bought a Colt M-4 (MT6400C) with the fixed telestock and the compensator which is pinned on the end of the barrel.

After the AWB sunsets, I would like to replace the fixed telestock with a collapsible one, and remove the compensator and replace it with an "evil" flash suppressor.

I know it will be easy to replace the fixed telestock with a real collapsible stock. And, I know that I could handle such a task.

But, is it possible to remove the compensator and replace it with the "evil" flash suppressor?

Is that possible? Will I have to take it to a gunsmith to do this or can I do it myself?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:36:40 PM EDT
[:K]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:51:58 PM EDT
Hey markm, WTF? Why am I trolling? This is my first AR. I just want to know if I will be able to do these modifications or if I will have to replace the barrel, upper, or will I have to buy a whole new rifle. The recent developments have made me pretty confident that the AWB will sunset. I'm just trying to plan ahead.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:02:23 PM EDT
I'm just kidding, dude! But Knowing COLT, That brake is on there GOOD! you'll have to definitely have a smith work on it!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:15:17 PM EDT
How good are Colts anyway? Ive never owned one but Ive been thinking mabey I need a gun fromvthe original manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:08:32 AM EDT
It might just be easier to change the whole barrel.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:02:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ZRH: How good are Colts anyway? Ive never owned one but Ive been thinking mabey I need a gun fromvthe original manufacturer.
View Quote
I would suggest you get a Armalite AR since they are the original manufacturer. The Azalin
Top Top