Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/12/2003 6:55:45 PM EDT
I have a Bushy Disipator that I love. I will be dressing it out a bit over the next few months as more of a battle/SHTF rifle. ( Light and or aimpoint).

I am also looking for a long range scoped AR and was looking at the V-Match Bushy. I also saw a few Fultons that looked interesting. The first question is 16 or 20"? Is there a real difference out to 200 yards? If there is a difference and I look at the Fultons is one barrel and twist any better than any other for more or less standard type ammo? I saw a number of differnt twists offered but am not sure of the overall effect. I still have some homework to do, but love to hear your opinions.

BTW one of the reasons that I may look at a Fulton is that they are a local company in a state that frowns on such things. I bought a Bushy both for quality and to thumb my nose at the lawyers in the next county to my south that want to put all gun companies out of business. Someday I want one from all of the top notch makers ..... oh--- if I only had the money!!!!!

Thanks for you help,

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:05:57 PM EDT
OK, I am a bit slow. I just read the FAQ and it looks like 1:9 is the way to go for my needs. As for everything else, I still want your input. Thanks Butch
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:10:21 PM EDT
I would never own anything Fulton-Armory made..... and thats all I have to say about that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:54:07 PM EDT
Just make sure you are free floated, match barrell, with a good warranty. I have a 16 match barrell ff, other than my scope sux because the cross in my scope seems to cover up allot of the target at 100yds I still can get a easy 1.5-2 inch group. IMHO if you want jagged holes you have to go with top of the line optics. You cannot shoot what you cannot see, and i want try and see the hole.. I have my eye out for a good deal on a (not going to mention brands) scope for my rifle. Sadly enough the darn thing will almost cost as much as the rifle. But I will use it for the rest of my life...... Prosise
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:56:30 PM EDT
What ever rifle type you decide to get, get another Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:44:55 AM EDT
My Fulton Predator is the finest upper I own, including three other Bushmasters. All my lowers are Bushy, however! There are reasons I wouldn't look to Fulton for a General Purpose rifle, though, the lack of a chrome chamber and bore being foremost.
Top Top