Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/12/2003 2:55:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/12/2003 3:38:49 PM EDT by agentorange]
Does it matter? Bushies are less expensive, but Colt well is Colt. What would u get if your were a LEO?
Sorry about retreading an old argument. Its for LEO rifles.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:59:15 PM EDT
Since you asked... Colt... LE6920... STP.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:52:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/12/2003 5:07:02 PM EDT by KODoc]
COLT I have a Colt and a Bushy so it's not as if I belong to one camp or the other. But Colt is still the King of the Hill.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:03:23 PM EDT
That is a very good question. Heck, it's so good a question you might even start a [flame]. They both make excellent rifles and I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:06:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MarineNP: That is a very good question. Heck, it's so good a question you might even start a [flame]. They both make excellent rifles and I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
View Quote
Yep, anytime you square these two off there's bound to be trouble [devil]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:08:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M4arc:
Originally Posted By MarineNP: That is a very good question. Heck, it's so good a question you might even start a [flame]. They both make excellent rifles and I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
View Quote
View Quote
In the interests of diplomacy I have both!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:15:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KODoc:
Originally Posted By M4arc:
View Quote
View Quote
In the interests of diplomacy I have both!
View Quote
Nothing wrong with that. In fact I'd like to build a Bushmaster M4 to go along with my Colt M4s. Just one question: does Colt use the mil-spec fire control pins in the LEO rifles or do they use the oversize pins?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:18:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/12/2003 5:29:28 PM EDT by Potter_Sherman_T]
Originally Posted By M4arc: Just one question: does Colt use the mil-spec fire control pins in the LEO rifles or do they use the oversize pins?
View Quote
One size fits all baby... [8D] STP. [EDIT} Woops... check that... I read takedown pins... but I'm gonna' go mic the f/c pins against my Armalite just now... please stand by... or wait 3 or 4 seconds and someone who knows for sure will say so... STP. [/EDIT] [EDIT2] K.. the Colt f/c pins are in fact bigger... the Armalite pins mic at ~.145" while the Colt's are ~.160"... So, one size does NOT fit all it would seem... least in this case... STP. [/EDIT2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/12/2003 5:49:24 PM EDT by Full-Auto]
Yup, as Potter_Sherman_T said above the takedown pin is standard but the fire control pins are an oversize diameter. I too would stick with the Colt LE guns. The Nuclear plant security detail here had all their brand new Bushie LE guns fail on them. The gas key screws were not staked and were coming loose causing jams. The locking nut for the collapsible stock plate was also coming loose causing the rear takedown spring to fly out. Bushie fixed the problems and last I heard the guns were working OK.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:56:36 PM EDT
LE6920 here, and loving it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:05:09 PM EDT
Had some questions come up today in the office concerning the Colt LE models. One was if they use the non standard fire control pins - got that one answered. The others were: 1) whether the Colt LE guns have the chrome lined bores or just the chambers like their civy rifles, and 2) do they use a 1/7 or a 1/9 twist. The Colt site mentioned both - leaving us confused. Thanks, Coffee
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:01:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Coffee357: Had some questions come up today in the office concerning the Colt LE models. One was if they use the non standard fire control pins - got that one answered. The others were: 1) whether the Colt LE guns have the chrome lined bores or just the chambers like their civy rifles, and 2) do they use a 1/7 or a 1/9 twist. The Colt site mentioned both - leaving us confused. Thanks, Coffee
View Quote
You only have to press Submit once, not three times. Looks like you had too much coffee, Coffee. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:46:20 PM EDT
Never looked at a LEO Colt - but if they have the emasculated bolt, and sear-blocks, etc., I'd go BUSHMASTWER. But if they've got the good stuff - no problem!
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 9:18:44 PM EDT
Cant you guys get FNs? Barring that I would have to go Colt because it aint your money (I think) and it is a COLT. Ive got nothing against Bushmaster for the record. They make a great rife too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 9:27:27 PM EDT
Got my Colt AR15 A3 Tactical Carbine a few years on agency letterhead. Paid about $825 for it and it has outstanding fit and finish. Very happy with it and have no need for the newest and greatest. Had to deploy it 3 times and it accomplished its mission by getting the BG to comply. Previously had carried a BM. The Colt is superior in my experience carrying it on duty.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 9:58:40 PM EDT
With the price Colt M4 uppers are going nowadays, I could sell just my LE6920's upper and still come out on top. You can't go wrong buying the Colt.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:45:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Coffee357: Had some questions come up today in the office concerning the Colt LE models. One was if they use the non standard fire control pins - got that one answered. The others were: 1) whether the Colt LE guns have the chrome lined bores or just the chambers like their civy rifles, and 2) do they use a 1/7 or a 1/9 twist. The Colt site mentioned both - leaving us confused. Thanks, Coffee
View Quote
1. The chamber and bore are both chrome lined... 2. The barrel is 1/7 twist... STP.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:52:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/14/2003 12:54:34 AM EDT by Glockfan]
Colt has used .170 pins instead of the .155 pins in all AR15's Civilian and LEO. Having owned both I would say Colt is the better gun. They hold the military contract and they are held to a much higher standard than Bushy holds themselves too. PAT
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:27:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Glockfan: Colt has used .170 pins instead of the .155 pins in all AR15's Civilian and LEO. Having owned both I would say Colt is the better gun. They hold the military contract and they are held to a much higher standard than Bushy holds themselves too. PAT
View Quote
They lost the military contract for M16A2's to FN. They patented design features of the M-4. The only reason they still have that contract is due to a legal battle over patent infringement.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:16:04 AM EDT
Thanks for the input folks! MarineNP, I think the three round burst was due to too little coffee - Those DT's are a bummer! (actually the site didn't act like it was taking the submit and I got a litte too impatient - oops!) Oh, and Potter_S_T, Thanks for the info! The guys at work will be glad to know this. Coffee
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:04:51 AM EDT
Neither. Buy a rifle from a company that supports our 2nd Ammendment rights. Olympic, Rock River, and Armalite are all excellant choices.
Top Top