Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/11/2003 7:41:18 PM EDT
I just got my first AR, an Armalite M15A4. Do you recoommend 20 or 30 rd mags? Why? What brand is best?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:57:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/11/2003 9:01:08 PM EDT by Combat_Diver]
elpaso, First welcome to the black rifle club. Get a few of each as long as their USGI. You want reliablity above all else. 20s are great for prone and DCM shoots. 30s take a long time to unloaded but are fun. If your in the El Paso area you should have no trouble finding USGI mags. If you decide to hunt with it, personally I use a 20. (last time I hunted Texas it was legal to use high cap mags). There's alot of coyotes out on Ft Bliss North and South. De Oppresso Liber
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:11:19 PM EDT
Both have merits, so I suggest you score a few of each. 30s = fewer reloads 20s = more freedom shooting prone (esp. for competitions). Assuming you are shooting semi automatic, either SHOULD be adequate for your needs. I am partial to my brand(s) of USGIs but the concensus is that ALL are comparable (particularly with a new spring and a green follower) with the exception of Coopers. These 30 rounders may have 3 welds instead of six and are of substandard quality in terms of fit. When buying a USGI make sure that the feed lips aren't cracked and that the floorplate tabs aren't broken. Check out Magazines FAQ and good luck to you.
Top Top