Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/11/2003 11:47:39 AM EDT
I have a new Colt MT6700 20" A3 rifle. Am I going to need a RAS II or some other equivilant to be able to add anything to the rifle? I am running into my first problem looking for a bipod. There is no place for it to mount to the rifle. I saw on Bushmasters site they have adapters but I would need a triple mount ($80) and a bipod adapter ($50). If I did that it along with a free floating barrel system ($150+) puts me not to far away from a trick RAS II or it's equivilant. Am I going to end up getting a RAS II or equivilant eventually? Is it a for gone conclusion? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:16:04 PM EDT
Well, Harris makes a #5 adapter to mount a bipod on the bottom of standard AR15 handguards. It's $10, I think. Even if you do buy the RASII, I think you'll still need to buy the bipod adapter for a picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:13:50 PM EDT
[url]www.sr-25.com[/url] sells the KAC bipod adapter for a very reasonable price. His name on the boards is Bandit-ExcaliburArms
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:18:09 PM EDT
Although a bit more expensive, the ARMS (#32?) Harris bipod adapter is the ultimate Harris to rail system interface. Period. Wes Grant of [url]MSTN.biz[/url] has it listed in the EE.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:21:47 PM EDT
You could find the GI bipod surplus.Also if you don't want to spend the money on a FF RAS there is the RIS,just replaces the hnd grds.If you have a permenatly mounted compensator other then changing out the barrel,may be best choices.I have a free floated/nation match tubed upper and a RIS to inter change during non CMP shooting.But I always shot the same type /grain rnd
Top Top