Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2003 11:47:39 AM EDT
I have a new Colt MT6700 20" A3 rifle. Am I going to need a RAS II or some other equivilant to be able to add anything to the rifle? I am running into my first problem looking for a bipod. There is no place for it to mount to the rifle. I saw on Bushmasters site they have adapters but I would need a triple mount ($80) and a bipod adapter ($50). If I did that it along with a free floating barrel system ($150+) puts me not to far away from a trick RAS II or it's equivilant. Am I going to end up getting a RAS II or equivilant eventually? Is it a for gone conclusion? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, Harris makes a #5 adapter to mount a bipod on the bottom of standard AR15 handguards.  It's $10, I think.  Even if you do buy the RASII, I think you'll still need to buy the bipod adapter for a picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.sr-25.com[/url] sells the KAC bipod adapter for a very reasonable price.  His name on the boards is Bandit-ExcaliburArms
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Although a bit more expensive, the ARMS (#32?) Harris bipod adapter is the ultimate Harris to rail system interface.  Period.  Wes Grant of [url]MSTN.biz[/url] has it listed in the EE.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
You could find the GI bipod surplus.Also if you don't want to spend the money on a FF RAS there is the RIS,just replaces the hnd grds.If you have a permenatly mounted compensator other then changing out the barrel,may be best choices.I have a free floated/nation match tubed upper and a RIS to inter change during non CMP shooting.But I always shot the same type /grain rnd
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top