Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2003 7:15:28 PM EDT
I read here in another post that Pay Pal was antigun. I checked it out for myself and discovered it is true. I immediately closed my account letting them know the reasons why.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard that same story.  However, there is a Dealer that sells Cocobolo grips and he uses Paypal for his transactions.  I'm sure Paypal knows what grips are used on.  I can relate to what you are saying, but just stop and think about it for a second..... If you (or all of us) decided to stop using a service provided by someone who is anti gun imagine how many things we would do without. And even more interesting, imagine all the products that you use who's CEO's are anti gun but you just don't know it.  See what I mean?  Reminds me of a story that went around years ago about Proctor and Gamble.  Rumors had it that they were devil worshippors or something like that.  But, if you feel better about shit canning Paypal then more power to you!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
How are they anti gun?  If its not wanting to deal with the possible legaliteis of firearms transfers I understand their position but if they are donating money to anti gun groups I will dump them too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used PayPal in my dealings with CMMG and several other gun parts companies. Never had a problem. How are they anti gun?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
If they're anti-gun it's for legal reasons; not political correctness. From reading the rest of the prohibited items list, it sounds more like they're concerned about the Feds and law suits.
If you want to blame anyone, blame the lawyers.

[b]PayPal Acceptable Use Policy[/b]

(partial listing)

Alcohol

Animal and Wildlife Products

Artifacts, Grave-Related, and Native American Crafts

Batteries

Bootleg Recordings

Contracts and Tickets

Event Tickets

Faces, Names, and Signatures

Food

Freon and Other Refrigerants

Games Software: Sony, Sega, and Nintendo

Human Parts and Remains

Lock-Picking Devices

Lottery Tickets

Medical Devices

Plants and Seeds

Police-Related Items

Tobacco

Travel

Unauthorized Copies

Used Airbags
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Frankie is correct. If I had a nickle for everytime I've seen a gunner decide to boycott a company or product because it's owners or producers are anti-gun:

a) I'd be rich.
b) There would be a lot of people stuck watching only Steven Baldwin movies.

I've used PayPal to pay for gun related items and parts from auctions, individuals and manufacturers. What's the big deal. I never heard they had any political clout?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Frankie is correct. If I had a nickle for everytime I've seen a gunner decide to boycott a company or product because it's owners or producers are anti-gun:

a) I'd be rich.
b) There would be a lot of people stuck watching only Steven Baldwin movies.

I've used PayPal to pay for gun related items and parts from auctions, individuals and manufacturers. What's the big deal. I never heard they had any political clout?
View Quote

midiman --- Congratulations on your 100th post!  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top