Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 3:32:28 PM EDT
I'm thinking of getting a BM M17 bullpup. I don't have the cash to buy one right now. So, I was thinking of selling or trading another AR to get the M17. I want it for a plinking/project gun. It's kind of like a SPAS12 to me. It's not very practical but it looks cool, so I want one.

I'm looking for opinions on whether it is worth selling or trading a BM 20" A2 to get one. Will I reget it later?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#1]
hell no! dont trade thet 20" a2[%(]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
If you can send it in to get it "remixed" at Kurts Custom, go for it...

But you already said you dont have the $$, and the stock weapon may dissapoint you. Go for it if you see yourself down the road getting it tuned by Kurt, he can do wonders.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#3]
let me know if you decide you want one. mine has only been shot a few times. interested in some sort of trade.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the problem. The A2 doesn't, and won't get much range time. So, it just sits in the safe. The M17 would give me a new toy, new project and some cash for the project. I want something Kurts Custom'ish, but want to see what I can do on my own. I like drafting designs and have machinist friends. My concern is taking a $400-550 rifle and investing a lot of time and materials, only to have a $400-550 finished product. Although the tricked out M17s may have several hundred $$$ invested in them, I don't see many selling for over $600 when new ones are going for $650. Then bring it all back to the A2 sitting in the safe needing nothing more than some lube and a loaded mag.  Decisions....
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:06:17 AM EDT
[#5]
This is what I did on my own with minimal time and money in materials.

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/ctisone/M17S.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top