Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2003 12:50:59 AM EDT
I'd like to install a bi-pod on my Oly PCR-16 with a free float handguard. What kind of mount/adaptor would I use for the FF handguard?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]
The simplest way is to drill a hole, install a sling stud, and use a Harris bipod.  The hardest part is being sure you get it at exactly 6:00.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#2]
You could have the handguard drilled and tapped, then have a sling stud installed, and use a bi-pod that attaches to that.

Also, do you have a sling on your PCR16? How did you attach it to the front if you do have one? I am trying to find a way to do this. I guess I will end up doing same as above.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]
How do you guys like your PCR-16s? I am buying a new AR and I am trying to decide between the PCR-16 and the bushmaster ES2 V-match 16 inch.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#4]
"how are you guys likeing your PCR-16's?"

I'm in AR heaven. Very very accurate. I was able to put 5 shots within the size of a fist from 100 yards away rapid fire several times first time out. Which is really good for this novice. Made me feel like a shooter for a second. Tight fit, nice finish. Have put 250 hiccup free rounds through it since picking it up last week. And she doesn't miss a beat. I've been very happy with it so far. Best deal around for a sub $700 carbine from the factory.

BTW, when I was deciding to pick her up, it came down to either a Bushy ES2 A3 or the Oly. And ended up picking up the Oly with confidence in the end. Good reputation of customre service, lifetime warranty and good reputation for being fairly accurate out the box. That and the fact that it's made just 45 minutes away from my house was kind of the nail in the coffin.

Here she is:  
[img]http://www.geocities.com/islasian_sista/AR15_01.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear it. I am leaning hard towards the PCR-16. Your pic did not show up, some problem with the link? I have a dealer in Texas than will order me one for $680. It seems like a great deal to me!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top