Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2003 9:00:32 AM EDT
i have an colt plastic coated aluminumn stock that came off of a xm177e2, when i tried to put it on a buffer tybe that i had it would not fit, so i tried 2 others and none of them fit. did colt make a non standard size buffer tube? and if so where the heck do i order one from....jason marsella
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Milspec tubes are the same as the Colt tubes.  MSTN has four position milspec tubes for $50.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#2]
would  a DPMS buffer be mill spec? if so any ideas why it wont fit my colt collapsable stock ?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#3]
[red]guys still looking for an answer to this question. i have tried several buffers and none of them fit the colt stock. any suggestions...jason [/red]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[red]guys still looking for an answer to this question. i have tried several buffers and none of them fit the colt stock. any suggestions...jason [/red]
View Quote

I dunno; my two carbine buffers both fit my aftermarket, and my Colt tubes. Inner diameters are the same, or supposed to be at any rate.

Edited to Add:  Yup; just checked my two buffers. Exactly the same for both the Colt and the aftermarket piece.  Only difference is that the new aftermarkat pieces has the rear plug retained by a split pin, and the early Colt unit used a series of grooves inside the tube to retain the plug.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
When the Vltor Modstocks came out I recall one of the threads discussing that it was designed to fit the Colt/Military carbine tubes and that the Bushmaster, RRA, et. al. tubes were slightly bigger and didn't work.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top