Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/9/2003 9:00:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/11/2003 9:40:20 AM EDT by firefighter2904]
i have an colt plastic coated aluminumn stock that came off of a xm177e2, when i tried to put it on a buffer tybe that i had it would not fit, so i tried 2 others and none of them fit. did colt make a non standard size buffer tube? and if so where the heck do i order one from....jason marsella
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:38:42 AM EDT
Milspec tubes are the same as the Colt tubes. MSTN has four position milspec tubes for $50.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:45:31 AM EDT
would a DPMS buffer be mill spec? if so any ideas why it wont fit my colt collapsable stock ?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:39:38 AM EDT
[red]guys still looking for an answer to this question. i have tried several buffers and none of them fit the colt stock. any suggestions...jason [/red]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:59:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/12/2003 1:06:19 AM EDT by shamayim]
Originally Posted By firefighter2904: [red]guys still looking for an answer to this question. i have tried several buffers and none of them fit the colt stock. any suggestions...jason [/red]
View Quote
I dunno; my two carbine buffers both fit my aftermarket, and my Colt tubes. Inner diameters are the same, or supposed to be at any rate. Edited to Add: Yup; just checked my two buffers. Exactly the same for both the Colt and the aftermarket piece. Only difference is that the new aftermarkat pieces has the rear plug retained by a split pin, and the early Colt unit used a series of grooves inside the tube to retain the plug.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:26:53 PM EDT
When the Vltor Modstocks came out I recall one of the threads discussing that it was designed to fit the Colt/Military carbine tubes and that the Bushmaster, RRA, et. al. tubes were slightly bigger and didn't work.
Top Top