Posted: 5/8/2003 11:50:47 AM EDT
http://groups.msn.com/larsstuff/weapons.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=480
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I always wondered if those worked.

You do know that's illegal don't you?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
normally these go in front of the sight, but I ground the top off mine and cut it into two pieces that come in from the side.

My local ATF agent assured me that these are legal if you have a thumbhole stock.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My local ATF agent assured me that these are legal if you have a thumbhole stock.
View Quote

It only counts if you have it [b]In Writing[/b] from the Technology Division.

Going into a courtroom and saying - but I talked with the local agent won't help...
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Another point - to get the Bayonet to fit you'll have to have a 22mm muzzle device.

So unless you grind the hole in the bayonet to 24mm or larger - you've got an illegal Grenade Launcher.

Which thumbhole are you using?  I know the JP Enterprises one was ruled by the Tech Branch as a 'pistol grip' - do you have a letter from them stating yours wouldn't be considered a pistol grip?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
If that's a preban (Like a Colt blue label) it's perfectly legal. Is it????

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
who can arrest you for violating the Assault weapons ban? if it's just the ATF what's the danger when the one man who could arrest me doesn't think it's against the law?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#9]
All this for a completely useless nub.

Why bother?

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Um you know that illegal right?

What if some liberal stumbles across this and thinks we all do it? Think about the community man.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:58:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Um you know that illegal right?

What if some liberal stumbles across this and thinks we all do it? Think about the community man.
View Quote

Sure he can....Its an airsoft rifle. This is the same kid [:K] that posts this stuff once every month. Like the thread 1 month ago about the BATF agent coming to his house after some librarain at his school saw pictures of "gun" on the internet. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Have you checked to see if mounting the bayonet lug changes the barrel harmonics enough to effect accuracy?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sure he can....Its an airsoft rifle. This is the same kid [:K] that posts this stuff once every month. Like the thread 1 month ago about the BATF agent coming to his house after some librarain at his school saw pictures of "gun" on the internet. [rolleyes]
View Quote

if it's an airsoft rifle why does it have a muzzle break with Alan screws? and why would I file off its bayonet lug only to put a $20 detachable one on it?

what do i need to prove that i have a real rifle?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Get a pic of yourself shooting it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top