Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 2:23:33 PM EDT
After weeks of reading these boards soaking up as much info as I can, I just ordered my first AR. An A2 16" Armalite w/ black furniture. Should be here next week. I can't wait. I'm going over to the equipment exchange for mags now. Who do I go to for middle of the road to cheap starter ammo?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
[b] It's not to late , call and cancel that order. Than turn around and never come back here. Forget you ever saw this place or heard about that evil black weapon . If you know what's good for you you'll do this ASAP.

Run ,Run Forest ! Run like the wind ! [/b]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Well congratulations!!  The addiciton has started for ya, I just got my second AR this weekend.

I would reccomend checking out Ammoman.com.  Seems like he has good deals on quality ammo, I found out that my Ar's don't like cheap ammo.  But, everyone is different.  So congrats again and shoot safe!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL..I remember my first......then the first half dozen.....your a goner....
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!
Unlike the rest of you, I can stop buying guns anytime I want.  I can quit just like that, I swear.

Is it normal to be combing the house for things to sell so you can buy a lower parts kit for your new stripped lower?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats. Ammoman seems to have some very good prices. I would also check out the local Wallyworld for Win white box or UMC at something like $3.97 for 20 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#6]
...yes that's perfectly normal...isn't it..?

anyone know how much I can get for a case of baby food? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Congrats!
Unlike the rest of you, I can stop buying guns anytime I want.  I can quit just like that, I swear.

View Quote

[lolabove]  Stop foolin yourself you can't quit. Your in it just as deep as the rest of us. [b]

I'm telling you  RUN RUN M15 before its to late[/b]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
excellent choice got one also!!!

ARMALITE [:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#9]

yea dude...

you know you are screwed when you go without eating so you can buy more ammo.  hmmm... bodily sustinance or 5.56mm....

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is the site that I have found that has the widest variety of low priced ammo. I looked hard and was able to find quite a few sites that would offer one type of .223 ammo for $169-175 per 1000. This site has many different types of ammo in that price range. What I decieded to do since everybody says to try different makes of ammo out is I bought 200 rounds of five different manufacturers. They all went for around $3.50 per box which is $175 per 1000 without buying 1000.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Five months ago I traded for my first AR15. Since then I been through 8. I finally am the proud owner of two Colt pre bans. #1  New pre ban Colt Competition Lower w/raised fence and small pins, Colt marked M4 C AF 1/9 twist upper. Arms #46, Comp M2 extending stock. Never fired yet. #2 Nice Colt pre ban sporter target model A2 20" blue label. This addiction sucks but I love it.

Chris [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#12]
You kinda missed the boat on South African battlepacks. A good alternative is PMP. My rra loves the stuff!!!

UMC? The SA battleback groups tighter. Winchester "value pack" boxes at wallyworld are a good buy.

I would stay away from Wolf. The laquer comes off in little pink snowflakes and goes EVERYWHERE inside the rifle. (No, I am not talking about MELTING.) Buy GOOD ammo! why buy a $800 rifle and feed it $0.09/round crap?

Flame away, Wolf-lovers!

Mags? Check eBay. ALL mags are listed as "Holds 10 rounds per ebay rules". You can come across some good buys there...
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I also have the Armalite carbine. sweet
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
excellent choice got one also!!!

ARMALITE [:D]
View Quote

Me two !!  (Or three or........)
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
After weeks of reading these boards soaking up as much info as I can, I just ordered my first AR. An A2 16" Armalite w/ black furniture. Should be here next week. I can't wait. I'm going over to the equipment exchange for mags now. Who do I go to for middle of the road to cheap starter ammo?
View Quote

I'm guessing that your ArmaLite has a 1:9 twist, chrome lined barrel.  See if you can find some 62 grn ammo - mil-surp is fine.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I buy my ammo from AMMOMAN.com.  He has great prices and great service.  I was surprised at how fast I received my ammo.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#17]
It's real funny that , if the guy bought a bushmaster instead , you people would say , oh nice rifle , bushmaster this bushmaster that but ,you guys talk about rounds. What a JOKE !!!

ARMALITE....[:d]
[PUKE]PRO BUSHMASTER.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#18]
[peep]
So what will happen to him when he finally goes Class III like me?
[}:D]

Rock & Roll is here to stay!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I would never sell stuff just to finance my addiction.

BTW...  Anybody know what the going rate is for plasma these days?   How about sperm?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#20]
i shoot Federal  XM193 ammo and love it... Check it out at ammoman.com...most readily available..shoots great with military function..
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Ammo... ammo... ammo... ammo...

[ROFL2]

GO BUSHMASTER!!!

Just kidding!

Armalites are great rifles... although I've not fired one, I've held a few, and they seem really nice to me.

Of course, I have a Bushy and a kit built on a Bushy lower...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top