Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/7/2003 2:23:33 PM EDT
After weeks of reading these boards soaking up as much info as I can, I just ordered my first AR. An A2 16" Armalite w/ black furniture. Should be here next week. I can't wait. I'm going over to the equipment exchange for mags now. Who do I go to for middle of the road to cheap starter ammo?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:33:53 PM EDT
[b] It's not to late , call and cancel that order. Than turn around and never come back here. Forget you ever saw this place or heard about that evil black weapon . If you know what's good for you you'll do this ASAP. Run ,Run Forest ! Run like the wind ! [/b]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:36:29 PM EDT
Well congratulations!! The addiciton has started for ya, I just got my second AR this weekend. I would reccomend checking out Ammoman.com. Seems like he has good deals on quality ammo, I found out that my Ar's don't like cheap ammo. But, everyone is different. So congrats again and shoot safe!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:41:11 PM EDT
LOL..I remember my first......then the first half dozen.....your a goner....
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:50:31 PM EDT
Congrats! Unlike the rest of you, I can stop buying guns anytime I want. I can quit just like that, I swear. Is it normal to be combing the house for things to sell so you can buy a lower parts kit for your new stripped lower?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:07:39 PM EDT
Congrats. Ammoman seems to have some very good prices. I would also check out the local Wallyworld for Win white box or UMC at something like $3.97 for 20 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:09:35 PM EDT
...yes that's perfectly normal...isn't it..? anyone know how much I can get for a case of baby food? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:14:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By usma89: Congrats! Unlike the rest of you, I can stop buying guns anytime I want. I can quit just like that, I swear.
View Quote
[lolabove] Stop foolin yourself you can't quit. Your in it just as deep as the rest of us. [b] I'm telling you RUN RUN M15 before its to late[/b]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:34:33 PM EDT
excellent choice got one also!!! ARMALITE [:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:50:25 PM EDT
yea dude... you know you are screwed when you go without eating so you can buy more ammo. hmmm... bodily sustinance or 5.56mm.... -Spaceman
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:30:55 PM EDT
Here is the site that I have found that has the widest variety of low priced ammo. I looked hard and was able to find quite a few sites that would offer one type of .223 ammo for $169-175 per 1000. This site has many different types of ammo in that price range. What I decieded to do since everybody says to try different makes of ammo out is I bought 200 rounds of five different manufacturers. They all went for around $3.50 per box which is $175 per 1000 without buying 1000.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:11:07 PM EDT
Five months ago I traded for my first AR15. Since then I been through 8. I finally am the proud owner of two Colt pre bans. #1 New pre ban Colt Competition Lower w/raised fence and small pins, Colt marked M4 C AF 1/9 twist upper. Arms #46, Comp M2 extending stock. Never fired yet. #2 Nice Colt pre ban sporter target model A2 20" blue label. This addiction sucks but I love it. Chris [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:16:58 PM EDT
You kinda missed the boat on South African battlepacks. A good alternative is PMP. My rra loves the stuff!!! UMC? The SA battleback groups tighter. Winchester "value pack" boxes at wallyworld are a good buy. I would stay away from Wolf. The laquer comes off in little pink snowflakes and goes EVERYWHERE inside the rifle. (No, I am not talking about MELTING.) Buy GOOD ammo! why buy a $800 rifle and feed it $0.09/round crap? Flame away, Wolf-lovers! Mags? Check eBay. ALL mags are listed as "Holds 10 rounds per ebay rules". You can come across some good buys there...
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:05:50 PM EDT
I also have the Armalite carbine. sweet
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:10:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tooly: excellent choice got one also!!! ARMALITE [:D]
View Quote
Me two !! (Or three or........)
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:12:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M15A22003: After weeks of reading these boards soaking up as much info as I can, I just ordered my first AR. An A2 16" Armalite w/ black furniture. Should be here next week. I can't wait. I'm going over to the equipment exchange for mags now. Who do I go to for middle of the road to cheap starter ammo?
View Quote
I'm guessing that your ArmaLite has a 1:9 twist, chrome lined barrel. See if you can find some 62 grn ammo - mil-surp is fine.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:16:38 PM EDT
I buy my ammo from AMMOMAN.com. He has great prices and great service. I was surprised at how fast I received my ammo.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:41:54 PM EDT
It's real funny that , if the guy bought a bushmaster instead , you people would say , oh nice rifle , bushmaster this bushmaster that but ,you guys talk about rounds. What a JOKE !!! ARMALITE....[:d] [PUKE]PRO BUSHMASTER.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:06:50 PM EDT
[peep] So what will happen to him when he finally goes Class III like me? [}:D] Rock & Roll is here to stay!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:12:59 PM EDT
I would never sell stuff just to finance my addiction. BTW... Anybody know what the going rate is for plasma these days? How about sperm?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:17:36 PM EDT
i shoot Federal XM193 ammo and love it... Check it out at ammoman.com...most readily available..shoots great with military function..
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:02:20 AM EDT
Ammo... ammo... ammo... ammo... [ROFL2] GO BUSHMASTER!!! Just kidding! Armalites are great rifles... although I've not fired one, I've held a few, and they seem really nice to me. Of course, I have a Bushy and a kit built on a Bushy lower...
Top Top