Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/6/2003 9:15:33 PM EDT
I am looking to buy a lower to build up, My local dealer has Century Arms lowers in stock for $100.00. Is this a quality lower.
Thanx
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:23:12 PM EDT
Have no expierience w/ those. I stick with Bushmaster or Olympic arms. A friend of mine baught some no name brand, and could not get the mags in the well. For ARs stick to the ABCDs. Armalite(Eagle arms) BushMaster Colt DPMS
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:36:58 AM EDT
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Century makes lowers for some of the companies listed above.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:39:15 AM EDT
I thought Century was the producer of the RRA lowers?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:16:55 AM EDT
You can get Eagle Arms (ArmaLite) forged lowers for the same price. A-B-C-D (well, throw in RRA).
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:38:03 AM EDT
Most likely that Century receiver is from a manufacturer overrun that was being offered a few months ago. Centurys are made by Continental Machine which also allegedly makes RRA and some other name brands. I have two and they are indistingushable from other lowers I have.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:34:13 PM EDT
Get the Century, good quality, and you have been offered a good price. No need to go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:38:55 PM EDT
I have three Century lowers, my shooting buddy has three century lowers, and my dealer orderd a dozen Century lowers. They look fine to me. All mine have been assembled into complete rifles that run fine. I don't know all the inside details on the manufacture of lowers, but I would bet these lowers are the exact same forged lowers as others with different names on the side. When I ordered mine, they were $79/each but my dealer screwed me by charging me $25 per lower for the transfer. Needless to say, I won't be ordering anymore lowers from him.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:13:45 PM EDT
If you look at the Serial No, you will probably notice it starts will CM. Quite a few lowers from other manufacturs also have this. They are machined at a place in New England and stand for Continental Machine. Bobwrench
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:29:47 PM EDT
I got a new lower out of SGN and its marked CMT. SN cmt xxxx. Company is in New Haven, Ct. Suppose to make them for Colt. Mine looks and works great. $99.00 + 7.00 s&h to my FFL who charged me $10,00 to handle.
Top Top