Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2003 10:56:10 AM EDT
Okay, so i'm trying to get used to taking my AR apart. Why is my receiver pivot pin so dam hard to press in. I literally have to take the back of a screw driver and bang on it a couple of times for it to break free. Then, when I go to put the upper back in, I have a heck of a time trying to unlock it from the little spring loaded lock, to slide back in and through the upper. Is this something that will work it self out eventually as the gun is used more? Or is there something I can do now? I sometimes have to take a paper clip to the little hole on the receiver to depress the lock for the pivot pin to go back into the hole of the upper. Sorry for my lack of better description. HELP!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
okay, one at a time, not everyone rush in at once here. help?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
O.K...I'll stick my neck out.  First..you may have a case of the detent hole in the pin being too deep.  This can cause the pin to go in so far that the taper of the end of the detent goes past the counter sink in the pin.  Effectively locking it up.  I once ran across a batch of selector switches that wouldn't rotate because the pin went in too deep.   Two...get a bigger hammer.  If it won't work now, I don't think it will eventually wear in without some damage to the pivot pin.  Try a different pivot pin.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top