Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/6/2003 8:03:29 AM EDT
My RRA Entry tactical has not yet arrived so I am playing a few things out in my head.... and thats where the problem lies.

Here is my question.

What if I cut away most of the front section of my entry tactical carry handle and then mounted an Eotech 551 in its place. In this scenario I would have the stock rear sight and rear section of the tactical carry handle and Eotech mounted to the rail...it would be a constant co-witness...

or should I chuck the tactical carry handle and buy a flip up rear sight to accompany my Eotech?.

I am new to the AR world so any comments and advice is greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:47:14 AM EDT
two option, you can ask RRA to replace the tac handle with a detachable carrying handle, cut the carrying handle for the most dependable and solid back up rear iron sight. Along with your EOTech, it makes for great co-witness setup. option two, you can ditch the tac handle or ask RRA to delete the handle from your order. the money you save, you can buy an ARMS #40 BUIS, it is the best flip up rear sight on the market. ARMS #40 will alos co-witness perfectly with EOTech. RRA tac handle are pretty much a good idea that turn into a bad design.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:46:25 AM EDT
SMGLee Thanks for the info.... Apparently mine is on its way. So I may have to purchase a ARMS #40 BUIS. I was just curious if I could cut two -thirds off the front of the tac handle–leaving the rear third (with rear sight still mounted) allowing enough room for an Eotech up front.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:25:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/6/2003 12:26:52 PM EDT by RenegadeX]
If you have an Entry Tactical, just put the EOtech on top of the factory detachable rail. http://www.rockriverarms.com/m4_entry_tactical.htm
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:56:15 PM EDT
thanks for your help....
Top Top