Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2003 11:46:33 PM EDT
The large peep and small peep on my two ARMS #40s shoot to distinctly different points of impact.  After sighting in with the small peep, 1 1/4 inch low at 25 yards, I switch to the large peep.  With very careful centering, it hits about 3 inches lower!  This is the case with both my rifles and sights.

Anyone else have this experience?  As I recall, my detachable carryhandle sight shot virtually identically with the large and small peep.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:24:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, that's how it works.  There is probably also a slight sideways shift as well.

Ashley Express makes a same plane aperture that won't change POI when switching back and forth.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:54:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone make a sight leaf with different elevation on small and large holes, and the sideways shift on the screw compensated for?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:38:51 AM EDT
[#4]
The close range aperture is 2 MOA lower than the long distance aperture.  Ashley makes a same plane rear sight which can be swapped out with your dual plane if you like.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont understand...

ALL AR15 sights have different POI for use at 50-200 (large) and 300 (small)

ALL AR15 sights have the offset small hole to compensate for the threads.

What is the problem here?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Devl,

I did not know that.  Sorry.

So what is the best method of sighting in?  Do you sight in with the small aperture or large, and at what distance?

I've been on this site for over a year, and I somehow missed that rather important fact.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So what is the best method of sighting in?  Do you sight in with the small aperture or large, and at what distance?

View Quote

Large aperture, 50 yards (Santose Improved Battlesight Zero).  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks!  Just what I needed to know.

Once that is done, what range is the small peep sighted in for?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top