Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2003 3:47:34 PM EDT
Stopped over at Cav Arms today and got a look at the new recievers....you Cav fans are gonna really like em!!!!!

Fully sonic welded, no screw holes
Slightly shorter
NICE ergonomic grip
really nice looking!!!!
Only a fine weld line ..... looks very "integral"
handles GREAT !!!!!!!!!
LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for you guys who want to build really light rifles, these babies are the ticket.....handled an A1E2 that weighed in at just over 5.5 lbs...

for those of you dubious to the abilities of these receivers / guns I have seen mag after mag after mag dumped at both full auto or very high speed through several of these guns all day long and they can take it !!!!!! if I didn't think so I wouldn't give it my thumbs up and everyone who knows my feelings about Springfield knows how I get when I don't like something....I get realllly realllly vocal about it.

From the several impressive demonstrations I have seen I give their guns a serious thumbs up.

Shouldn't be tooooooooooo awfully long now before you get to see 'em.

by the way, thanks to Shawn, Doug and Russ for the great hospitality and the tour of the new shop......it's shhwwwwweeeeeeettttttt!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:17:51 PM EDT
Are these A1 length.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:59:49 PM EDT
Yessir.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 8:09:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2003 8:10:12 PM EDT by 444]
Enough with the sneak peaks already and put them out on the market already !!
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:28:23 AM EDT
What's wrong with Springfield? I just got an XD, so I'm curious...
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:55:13 AM EDT
Oh no, not the XD !!! Just kidding.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:59:12 AM EDT
Is the safety easier to reach without shifting your grip, like on the older ones?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:52:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2003 7:55:41 AM EDT by desertmoon]
Do NOT woory 'bout the XD....it isn't made by Springfield, they only put their name on it....from what almost EVERYBODY says the XD is a super sweet piece of hardware...just ugly....but hey, FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION....the UZI is ugly...but it works pretty damn good. On to the new Cav reciever...yes it is around the A1 length....combined with a VERY ergnomic pistol grip it is ULTRA comfortable. One of the samples ( the one with the A1E2 upper ) fit me like a dream...even though it was a prototype I wanted to take it home. I have never, in honesty, been a fan of the one piece integral receiver idea.....but I am becoming one VERY quickly. TUBBY...the one thing I didn't do was check safety ergonomics...I will ask about it tommorrow....it sure can't be as bad as an M96...that safety location really blows, unless you're a monkey.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:59:39 AM EDT
If we send in our old lowers and the 30 bucks can we get the new lower ?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:07:10 PM EDT
Yep, that's the deal. Might want to contact them before you send it though. They didn't want anybody to send them in until the production parts were ready.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:10:24 PM EDT
[bounce] [banana] COOL !!
Top Top