Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2003 8:43:43 AM EDT
Hello folks.

When AW ban goes away, AR10s will be able to be outfitted with Flash Supressors like Armalite have in their LE catalog. Is A2 birdcage or Phantom FS compatible for AR10s?
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#1]
yup.
any good gun smith can do it
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I own an Armalite AR-10T .308 and I love it.  Since the damn thing is so heavy and I have a stainless steel barrel, a flashhider would really be of no use to me.  But that is good news.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Please share!!! is the AW ban going away? I'm flipping cause I got 4k already invested in my 10T and I want a suppressed upper in .338 whisper and I don't know if I can get that legally or not!!!! please advise.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
No suppresors on Postban ARs. Not until September 14, 2004, if all goes well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#5]
hi Jack thanks for ur input! Please give me some direction in reading so I can do to get up to speed on this fast... I know people who can help our community with this problem.

this problem arrose for me when I called SSK and told them to build my .338 whisper upper! :(A class 7 guy told me he could write the ATF to get permission to put a suppressor on a post ban weapon) ... what do u think of that?

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#6]
He can put it on but you can not.  If you do its your ass and there is NO WAY around it.  Registration of a rifle as a SBR and the suppressor DOES NOT CIRCUMVENT the AWB.  The only way to do that is to use a regitered DIAS in the lower and legally convert it to a machine gun.  Then all bets are off but nothing short of that will work.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:46:18 PM EDT
[#7]
yup, the '94AW ban sunsets on 9-14-04, as long as it's not replaced by somehting as bad or worse,  you'll be able to add whatever e-vul AW features you want.... short of making it class 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top