Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2003 7:28:14 AM EDT
Does any one know anything about a company named "Bohica".
I have one in preban configuration and it is aluminum. I found
the info below but is it pre or post ban?

"Bohica Made stainless steel lowers, rumored to have also made AR-15
pistols. Lower marked M16-SA. This is NOT verifiable info as it came
from the Internet. Out of Business.

Link Posted: 4/1/2003 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#1]
B  end
O  ver
H  ere
I  t
C  omes
A  gain!

I dunno, guy...but, given the date, there is always the possibility of feeding the trolls.

[nono]

Go with DPMS if you want a steel lower.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Feeding Trolls? sorry I am kinda new here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does any one know anything about a company named "Bohica".
View Quote

BOHICA was an AR15 pattern firearm manufactured by a now defunct small subsidiary of a large multi-national arms conglomerate called TARFU (Trans Atlantic Regional Firearms Union) which was known for its employment of journeymen gunsmiths known as FNG's (Firearms Novice Gunsmiths). For several years they produced products of dubious quality such as the infamous SHTF (Shooter's High Trajectory Firearm). Rapidly losing the vast majority of their market share, they attempted to resuscitate their failing enterprise by jettisoning many of their larger, less profitable factories and products and concentrating their production efforts on AR15 type firearms, the most recognizable being the ill-fated BOHICA.
Fortunately, their production facilities were put to good use with some modifications by Kathy Lee Gifford for the production of low to medium priced clothing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I used mine the last time I went snipe hunting in MO.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:03:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I too had a Bohica lower. It was all machined from a billet of aluminum. I had a hard time with the hammer, the edges of the skirts on either side where the spring goes over it had to be rounded so it would go inside the receiver. It also had a tight magazine well. It was marked "M16SA". To the best of my knowledge the only manufactured lowers and never sold complete weapons. So...to be technicaly correct...you can't really prove that they were in pre-ban configuration prior to Sept. 1994.....I don't agree with this, just throwing out the info that I best understand.

My $0.02
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#8]

I picked up a preban BOHICA receiver in 1989 at a gun show in Fort Worth. It was forged, and it had a few dings and machining marks, but I got it for a good price. I completed it with a FUBAR (Federal Union Bar and Rod) upper receiver that had a SNAFU (Southern Nevada Arms Forge Unit) match grade barrel installed. I completed it with a STFU (Sentry Tactical Firearms United) Bolt carrier group which was very noisy, but seemd to work well enough.

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought one when they first came out.  It went togeather with no problems and worked fine.  It was "blocky" looking from being machined.  Did not care for the "blocky" look so I sold it.  If I remember correctly the production was short lived.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 4:51:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Reference to CNC?
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:44:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top