BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Rock River Arms does not use 4150 steel in any of their barrels and it is very rare to see a chromed lined RRA barrel.  RRA also does not offer a superlight carbine barrel.  The RRA 2 stage trigger is under $100 and an excellent budget trigger upgrade however.
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's what I've concluded so far: A woman of may stature would do best with a 16" barrel. Whether this will be of HBar or M4 configuration will be determined when I can get my hands on each one and shoulder them to see how they feel. A flat topped receiver seems to afford the most sighting options and the reduced area available for use as a carry handle shouldn't make much difference since I dont have big sausages for fingers. The A1 or A2 stocks, while looking fine on a  20" bbl gun look bottom heavy in a short barreled AR, so I think I'll spring for the ACE skeleton. The removable recoil pad and potential for introducing spacers, even if they have to be fabricated, allows sufficient flexibility and much better aesthetics. The bbl twist I'm not so sure of but cheap ammo seems to be of the 55 gr variety and so a 1/9 should be OK. What do you think about twist rate? I'll spring for a Colt, Bushmaster, or Armalite but it appears that personal preference with these companies is almost as much a matter of politics as it is their products with Colt getting the nod for resale and BM wining out in the customer service department. I'll probably shop price among those 3 unless I can find some compelling reason to chose one over the other. I'm going to use this gun for FUN. I have no intention of pouring countless thousands of rounds thru a barrel so chroming is a nice touch but not essential for the use I'm going to give it. And I don't plan to head for the hills after our PC INS and swiss cheese borders allows another band of lowlifes to drive a delivery truck packed with explosives into the Lincoln Tunnel in a few weeks, so mil spec parts availability isn't much of an issue for me either. Now the fun part begins...checking out some ARs! [shotgun]
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 8:48:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mark Twain said "Advice is a wonderful thing, it allows us to make the same mistakes everyone else has..."

Quoted:
Yep. Bushmaster has an actual Takedown [b]pin[/b], instead of the idiotic two-headed screw that Colt uses (although they may have changed that, recently)
View Quote

They have indeed...
[red]I kinda figured that Colt had finally gotten with the program.[/red]

BM uses the same trigger and hammer pins as Mil-spec, which can make obaining parts less of a headache (not to mention cheaper, in some cases).
View Quote

How often are you planning on changing trigger groups...?
[red]Trial and error being what it is, you never can tell. I went through 3 triggers on my last AR before I got one I liked.[/red]

With a BM lower, you can put almost any upper on it you want, except for Colts, which require an adaptor, due to that idiotic screw I mentioned before.
View Quote

The conversion pins cost like $14.00 Canadian, what's that, about $6.00 USD...?
[red]But if you bought from almost any other maker, you wouldn't have to buy a conversion pin at all.[/red]

In short: Buy a Bushmaster and spend the extra cash on optics, ammo and magazines.
View Quote

This is indeed good advice...

STP.
View Quote

[red]It's just me, I know, but I absolutely detest any company that forces you to pay extra just to have their name on the side of your weapon (Colt, H&K, etc), but that's a whole different discussion.[/red]
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#4]
TT, the ACE skeleton stock is a good choice, for all the reasons you mentioned.
Definitely go flattop!
The 1-in-9 twist is good for both 55, and 62 grain ammunition, both of which can be had "on the cheap" especially if you buy from AMMOMAN.
For your purposes, I'd still go with a chrome-lined barrel, since they have a side benefit of being a little more user-friendly in the cleaning & maintenance dept.
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll spring for a Colt, Bushmaster, or Armalite but it appears that personal preference with these companies is almost as much a matter of politics as it is their products...
View Quote

Yup.. at a certain point it becomes a Ford v. Chevy kinda' question...

Zardoz is correct, a chromed barrel is really the way to go... non lined barrels might be fractionally more accurate... but the chromed barrels are easier to clean and not so apt to rust etc. if the rifle goes unfired for any length of time...

Good luck shopping, and have fun... Please let us all know which way you wind up going...

STP.
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, you've done well, you've made it to page 3 with your first post.  

I'm just wondering how titanium compares with silicone.
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a 5'5" 110# female who is interested in getting started in AR15 shooting. I am not interested in bench rest competition. What would be the appropriate configuration for my size?
View Quote

Hmm, I think tatjana said once that she was about that size too. She prefers a 16" lightweight or M4 type carbine herself. You should go track her down on the Ammunition forum where she is a moderator and send her a IM for advice.

And welcome!
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi there-I have a Bushmaster Shorty which just about anyone can handle.  About the AK-I have personally witnessed a slam-fire.  AKs are famous for this and it is scary.  Keep this in mind when buying the rifle of your choice.
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#9]
TT, checkout Hoffmans gun store on the Berlin Tpk. They seem to always have a good selection on AR's.
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Twist rate:
1/9 is pretty much the standard, and will shoot anything up to about 69 grains just fine.  With the trend towards the 75/77gr bullets lately I'd consider a 1/7 or 1/8 twist, but it doesn't sound like that's a priority for you.  

Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite all have chrome-lined barrels.  Colt is the only one with 1/7 twist.  I personally would avoid Colt because of the non-standard parts.  And some are chrome-chamber only.  

Since you don't care about the chrome-lining do consider RRA.  Cheaper than the other three, and their 2-stage trigger is arguably the best out there.  (Their M4 barrels are available in chrome-lined too, but you have to ask--most aren't.)  
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm a 5'5" 110# female who is interested in getting started in AR15 shooting. I am not interested in bench rest competition. What would be the appropriate configuration for my size?
View Quote

Hmm, I think tatjana said once that she was about that size too. She prefers a 16" lightweight or M4 type carbine herself. You should go track her down on the Ammunition forum where she is a moderator and send her a IM for advice.

And welcome!
View Quote

Tatjana prefers a HB and solid stock but was in the military and previously used very heavy rifles.  I dont think anyone here has suggested the HBAR to you we suggested the ultra light and M4 contours and a couple of people said consider a fluted HBAR which is a custom order and will cost more and take longer to get.  Tatjana is the only female I have ever heard of that liked a HBAR but if you have grown up with lots of heavy rifles or served in the military somewhere and got used to a heavy rifle you may like the HBAR.

If you get an ACE skeleton stock and a HBAR you will not be happy since it will be FAR too front heavy to balance comfortably with you.  You want the front of the rifle to be light the rear is much less important.  In fact most women or small men who pick up an AR for the first time love the way a collapsable stock looks but hate how light weight it is.

You said the A1 and A2 stocks look to rear-heavy?  Where did you see a pic of an A1 stock?  It changes the look and feel of a rifle dramatically and there are very few pics of A1 stocks I have ever seen.  I think an A2 stock looks funny on a 16" AR but not an A1 stock.  Id post one but Cavarms website is down.

As far as a barrel if you go Bushmaster it will be chrome lined which means LESS CLEANING and I doubt you will find spending twice as much time cleaning a non chrome barrel much fun.  Bushmaster will also give you a 1/9 twist which for a rifle whos purpose is fun will give you the most bang for the buck shooting surplus and other 55 grain ammo.  Get a naked muzzle.

Definantly get the flat top.  If you want the ultra light barrel you can order the upper direct from Bushmaster and the lower can be delivered to your local FFL and you only pay a $25 transfer fee and you can get exactly what you want.  Bushmaster will put any upper/barrel combination you want together for free.

If your going to shoot the rifle get a Bushmaster, if you want to look at it in the safe get a Colt.

Link Posted: 2/11/2003 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Twist rate:
1/9 is pretty much the standard, and will shoot anything up to about 69 grains just fine.  With the trend towards the 75/77gr bullets lately I'd consider a 1/7 or 1/8 twist, but it doesn't sound like that's a priority for you.  

Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite all have chrome-lined barrels.  Colt is the only one with 1/7 twist.  I personally would avoid Colt because of the non-standard parts.  And some are chrome-chamber only.  

Since you don't care about the chrome-lining do consider RRA.  Cheaper than the other three, and their 2-stage trigger is arguably the best out there.  (Their M4 barrels are available in chrome-lined too, but you have to ask--most aren't.)  
View Quote

Actually Bushmaster makes 1/7 twist too.  Several members, myself included, have 1/7 twist Bushmaster m4 barrels.

Also I dont think anyone would or could argue the RRA trigger is "the best out there" but its nice for a budget trigger.  However its not standard on all RRA rifles and you can put it in any other rifle (Bushmaster for example) for the same cost and you can even do it if you have never seen an AR trigger before in a single afternoon.  Should not be a problem for Ms. Tits even if she is mechanically inept.

Here are some pics with Cavalry Arms A1 length stocks.

[img]http://www.coalcreekarmory.com/images/Cav/Cavarm6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.coalcreekarmory.com/images/Cav/Cavarm7.jpg[/img]

This last one is a lightweight barrel/flat top/A1 stock  You can get it in any color you want.  Even pink or purple but...
[puke]
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#13]
After reading TatJana's and Troy's excellent and very comprehensive Ammo FAQ, I think I'll stick with a 1/9 twist.

The point regarding the Hbar's weight is well-taken, however it strikes me intuitively that a heavier barrel, while slower in use if one wishes to rapidly engage multiple targets (which I have no interest in) would, by virtue of its weight, maintain stability in rapid fire exercises. I have no use for muzzle brakes, being more concerned with an excessively loud report  than reduced muzzle jump and think they look pretty funny anyway. I prefer the more streamlined utilitarian look of a simple crowned muzzle, which also complements the tubular design of the ACE stock. But that's purely a matter of personal taste. Along the same lines I think the collapsible stock, while undoubtedly affording some advantages, is about the homeliest piece of hardware I've ever seen stuck on a firearm. I imagine that unless the stock weight is closely matched to the barrel weight with the center of balance over the pistol grip, there will be some change in balance point as a 30 round magazine is emptied of its contents anyway. When the butt is firmly anchored to the shoulder and a good cheek weld is obtained, does the stock weight become less of an issue? Since I'm very new to the AR I can't render an opinion, simply appreciate the help that is being given me. And while I'm no strongwoman, I've broken enough horses over the years on my family's ranch, prior to relocating to New England, that I'm no slouch in the upper body strength department. However, as previously stated, I want to shoot the thing for fun, not as a PT exercise, so I will seriously consider the barrel weight recommendations.
How does chrome lining behave with various cleaning solvents?
I may be mistaken but I believe photographs of the A1stock are visible on the cover of Small Arms of the World, 12th Edition and on pages 744, 745, 750, 754 of the same text.
The color availability of the stock and forearms is intriguing. Any chance they make them in argyle? [jump]

Link Posted: 2/11/2003 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[url]http://home2.nikonnet.com/sessions/443591134538/4738546lg.jpg[/url]

OK, here I am, Frau Bleucher. (Horses neighing in background.) BTW, I have a Victor (as opposed to a loser, I guess.)   :)
Now back to ARs.......
View Quote

You're pretty.  Tell me, though...how did you ever come up with TitaniumTits as a moniker?  Almost seems designed to drive testosterone addled shooters around the bend!

Anyway, great nic..welcome to the board.  Check out Women Shooters - my wife MarianLibrarian hangs in there and has some definite insights of her own.

Link Posted: 2/11/2003 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome, TT. Consider this. I wanted something for my kids to shoot. My pre ban CAR 15 with collapsible stock fit's each of them well, but with a 16" HBAR it is too muzzle heavy for them. I ordered a featherweight 16" barreled upper from Olympic and put it on a Eagle Arms lower with a short fixed entry buttstock. It is about as light as you can get. Too short for me, but it fits the kids perfectly. When they get a little bigger I'll swap the butt out for an A-1 buttstock I have around. Something to consider. AIRBORNE!
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#17]
The name was written purely in jest. My boyfriend and I were discussing titanium framed handguns. I've been interested in purchasing an AR15 and we had visited AR15.Com a few times. When I decided to register, I insisted on creating this screenname to break his chops as a good girlfriend must do on occasion, since he never cuts ME any slack... period! I had every intention of changing it - but little did I know that you cannot change a handle for 6 months following registration! So here I am, stuck with this name, to his chagrin, my amusement and the board's entertainment! Regardless of my screenname, I've gained valuable knowledge and am enjoying the forums. Thanks![wave]
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#18]
A forward handle works well to counter a barrel heavy gun.  If you don't care about putting sights forward, the Fobus hand guards keep muzzle weight down and allow the installation of a forward hand grip.

My wife, who is 5'2" and about 100 pounds,has a RRA M4gery with the very short entry stock.  The heavy barrel (with flashlight) made it quite barrel heavy.  The forward hand grip set very close to the magwell has allowed her to control the weapon very well.  If I could do it over, I would have gotten the same lower, but a 16" skinny profile barrel to help control weight.
Have fun!
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#19]
It must be nice to be a pretty woman in America. I do think, however, that you may have hurt your appeal talking about a boyfriend.
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It must be nice to be a pretty woman in America. I do think, however, that you may have hurt your appeal talking about a boyfriend.
View Quote

1. Can you imagine a girl that looks like TT NOT having a boyfriend...?

2. Can you spell challenge...? [8D]

TT. You're still the number one gun babe in my books...! And give old Victor a smack for us all would ya'...?

STP.

PS. vic13: Go Tar Heels... I was born in Chapel Hill...
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I tried posting a long explanation of how to check and see if your going to screw up your shooting form buy using a HBAR earlier but the system went down for repairs and it was lost.  It was a really good post too.  Anyway if you buy an HBAR I give you 3 months before you decide to trade it in for an M4 or ultralight and thats good for the economy. [:)]
Link Posted: 2/12/2003 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#22]
OK!OK! I'm convinced!
No HBar for lil' ol' me!
But no way am I passing up that cool ARFX stock.
What about an M4 configuration upper?

[50]
Link Posted: 2/12/2003 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#23]
If you are set on a non factory stock and want an M4 Id go to Equipment Exchange under AR15 Parts and get Pete in NH to build up a RRA M4 with everything but the stock (which you can purchase and install yourself)  That will give you exactly what you want and you will not be wasting any money on part you dont want.  His turn around time is excellent and you will get the lowest price available.
Link Posted: 2/12/2003 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#24]
TT, it looks like you're on the right track regarding your new toy. I shoot a Colt HBar 16" bbl, totally unmodified except for an ACE stock and A1 type grip (can's stand finger grooves) and it's served me well.
As you may have discovered from reading other posts, DSA, Inc. sells this unit for $89.95 including the butt pad. It's a very simple and straight forward installation. As per their instruction sheet, I elected to apply a very small amount of hairspray (using a cloth) to the buffer tube to prevent the foam overtube from rotating. This should not be too much of a problem for you since I'm sure you have an abundance of hairspray available for those occasions when you put on your zebra stripe mini and create a nice, big B-52's bouffant.[rolleyes]

As an completely useless aside, have any AFRX owners noticed that the overtube smells exactly like those old fashioned oval plastic squeeze change purses our moms gave us for our milk money? And I swear the butt pad smells exactly like Mattell Creepy Crawlers plastic!. But, I digress.....[noclue]
Link Posted: 2/12/2003 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Am I the only one here who sees a red "x" where her pic is?  Plus the nikkon hyperlink doesn't work.  

All the advice you've been given is good, so there's nothing to add to that.  

Of course, if you go with a flat top there will be the whole issue of what optic and which rear sight to buy.  I have an Aimpoint Comp M-XD, but Tat's posts regarding the Compact ACOG have got me reconsidering.

Good luck in your quest.  I had a client in the Stamford area.  You didn't work at Beamers did you?
Link Posted: 2/12/2003 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Am I the only one here who sees a red "x" where her pic is?  Plus the nikkon hyperlink doesn't work.  
View Quote

Nope, I can't see it either...

"Thats not fair, how come she gets to see the tape and we dont? -Road Trip
haha
Link Posted: 2/12/2003 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, I can't see it either...

"Thats not fair, how come she gets to see the tape and we dont? -Road Trip
haha
View Quote

Sorry guys, I'm new to the pic posting thing, but I think I've resolved the issue. [snoopy]

Quoted: I'm sure you have an abundance of hairspray available for those occasions when you put on your zebra stripe mini and create a nice, big B-52's bouffant.
View Quote

The mini is fine (although it would be snake skin) but the bouffant doesn't work under my motorcycle helmet! [0:)]

*pic removed*
Link Posted: 2/12/2003 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Did somebody clone Tamara?
Link Posted: 2/12/2003 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#29]
TT,  I say welcome aboard from Germany (still active duty).  Can't add much to what has already been suggested.  About the only thing that I can add is that you can't never be totally wrong with what ever configuration that you choose.  The AR being modular you won't be stuck with something you can't change later.  I carried a M16A1 for five years before I built my CAR15 and now after carrying the M4A1 for the last 8, I'm tempted to rebuild to a M16A2/A3 configuration.  I've also got a M261 22lr conversion and with the collapsible stock my sons have learned to shoot and handle the AR at an early age.  Now my oldest son is carrying a M4 in the 1st Cav Div.   Have fun and welcome again.

De Oppresso Liber
Link Posted: 2/12/2003 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#30]

TT
You've certainly become one of the most popular new members of AR15.com., for numerous reasons that would embarrass you if I mentioned them (and they're not all because of your pic). You're a welcome addition to the board.

On the AR selection topic, I have been through several postban Colt's with 1/9 twist and they all shot lousy. Not so with Bushmaster 1/9's (shooting same ammo as Colt), and I kept the one I bought after giving up on Colts (kept the board name, of course). On the accuracy point alone, I'd choose the Bushy, based on my experience.

Also, I've found that it's possible to pick up a nice used Bushmaster a little cheaper than a Colt.
Good luck with your purchase.

Link Posted: 2/12/2003 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I see that a side mounted rear sling swivel is favored by many members. I would think that if the rifle was rapidly shouldered the sling webbing would just end up smacking you in the face. Also, wouldnt it make it clumsy to use in a "hasty sling" technique for rifle stabilization? So, what's the advantage to the side mount? I'll try ask an even MORE esoteric question the next time! [thinking]
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 5:29:23 AM EDT
[#32]
TT
The advantage of the side mounts is that it allows the weapon to be flat against your body when doing snaps/CQB then the rifle is always at the low ready.  If using the bottom mounted sling swivils and slung over the shoulder the rifle has a tendency to rotate.  The techinque that I use for a right handed person.  If using only one sling raise left hand thru sling and rifle and bring sling over left shoulder.  Muzzle will be down to the left and rifle butt against shooting shoulder.  Adjust sling to just falcitate normal shooting.  To long will drag against knees which you don't want bounceing against when running or swimming (drags in the mud).

Normally I use a combination of two slings.  Run first sling between front side mount and to rear of colaspable stock, use keepers for tight fit.  Two other keepers on first sling and attach second sling and adjust for slung position on body.  This will allow the weapon to be held tight against the body and in the same position.  Also allows for adjust over LBE/vests/body armor.  Several commerical rigs avaible that will do the same.

Now with all that if your just going to use yours just for range work then the sling will just be a hinderance.  Hope I answered your question.

De Oppresso Liber
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#33]
TT

As a long time lurker, I've held back from posting for a long time, thinking the information I needed was always available without asking. This forum is informative and helpful. But your presence begs for a few questions to be asked:

1. Why the interest in AR15s?

2. Do you have a similiar interest in other rifles? handguns?

3. How did you obtain the working knowledge you have?

4. What's your phone number?

5. Does your 'Victor' need a second?

[blue]edited out the comments that were out of line![/blue]
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#34]
CD, thank you very much for your very complete explanation!
And thank you for that..hmm...um...er...flattering?? post, NR.
With so many females buying handguns nowadays I'm surprised so few have developed a general interest in firearms; or maybe they just don't post here?
I developed an interest in the AR15 in particular mainly from the negative liberal press which has bombarded the uninformed public with misinformation, particularly during and following the Beltway Sniper "incident". I've always prided myself on my individualism, so the fact that military and civilian equivalent weaponry is not a common feminine pursuit is an added bonus.
I've come to see that the AR has quite a cult following, in much the same manner as Harleys. (And 1911s, a dinosaur with only target, competitive, and rare spec ops applications if there ever was one! Can you imagine spending 2 grand to try to tweak a gun into behaving like any out of the box Sig P220??)
My boyfriend is quite the firearms enthusiast. He tends to shoot handguns and 7.62 for the most part, although he does have a Mini14 which he claims has nearly the accuracy of a well-thrown baseball. I think he might be swayed to join the AR club very soon.
I grew up around firearms, having been raised on a ranch in the northwest, but my working knowledge is mainly the result of talking about them with my significant other.
My telephone has a 50% chance of being answered by a 6'2" guy with a deep voice. And yes "Victor" (Yes!! Say it!! He vas my...BOYFRIEND!!!) often requires "seconds" and not too infrequently thirds as well.[}:D]

Addendum: I have no intention of getting into a pissing contest with easily intimidated fools [whacko] like N Bonaparte (a perfect screen name since Napoleon had the original small man complex.) If I knew anything about AR 15s, I would not be asking questions, I would be answering them. But I do appreciate all the help the board has been giving me.[:D]
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Arms discussion boards should ban females from posting.

Tits here is turning our board into a farce.

She doesn't know a thing about AR15s and is simply a troll looking for a few good men!

Ban the Bitch!
View Quote

Christ... they'll let any idiot post won't they...!

Hey NBonaparte, take your pent up frustration (and obvious issues with females) elsewhere...

And what's with the "our board" shit... I've not been here all that long myself, but long enough to know that an idiot with 3 posts to his all too telling name shouldn't kick up so much dust...

Groucho once said... "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a memeber..." well... if it were me, I would have said I wouldn't join any club that would have you as a memeber... too late now I guess...

Idiot.

STP.
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fuck you bitch.
View Quote

Are there any Moderators watching this thread?

I think I smell a [:K]

NBonaparte, you are totally out of line.

Marc
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#37]
TT, whether you're real or not, that little turd Napoleon is out of line, and not representative of this board.  Don't judge the rest of us...we need more females around here!

And anyway, like a turd, I suspect he's about to go swirling down the drain.

Link Posted: 2/13/2003 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#38]
My unwavering faith in the good 'ol red, white and blue has been reaffirmed! As a proud member of that elite cadre known as red-blooded American males, it is refreshing to note that our priorities remain intact as evidenced by the fact that an attractive, bright young woman who first posted but 4 days ago has garnered more reads than "The Four Rules of Firearm Handling" posted in August!
God Bless America and Thankya Jesus-a![marines]
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#39]

NBonaparte...
Who are you really? First post. Troll language. Do you have another name on the board but are ashamed to use it?

This is a professional board, open to anyone who is an AR enthusiast. There's no color, race, sex, nationality or religion crap on MY board, so take your garbage somewhere else.

MODS--what other name does this person use here, and why is he not banned yet???
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Fellow AR15 enthusiasts, I offer up my apologies to the young lady for saying anything that might have been vulgar to her, or other readers.  I have respect for her comments and find her intelligent and well read, which makes me all the more interested. If my post made Bonaparte think it was ok to be disrespectful, then I apologize again.

I wasn't intending to insult the lady. My intention was to compliment her.

I think I'll go back to lurking. Thanks for the tolerance.
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Navy, not being sarcastic (seriously) but you do know posts can be deleted, right? Lots of people (including me) have done that and left no offense behind when we've put something on the board we wished we hadn't...

NBonaparte, on the other hand, you are not so innocent.... There's no way for you to ever show your name on the board again as far as I'm concerned.

Link Posted: 2/13/2003 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Aaaah! A girl!!!!

[flag]

(jk) welcome! [:D]

--LS
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#43]
TT,it was'nt all that long ago when only a handful of manufacturers were making ARs and parts. Bushmaster is one of the earliest AR producers and well respected,they make a wide variety of configurations and their quality is top-notch! Amoung the many reasons to buy their product is the fact that they are facing ridculess lawsuits over this "sniper" moron.Supporting them not only shows the public belief in their product,but them as a reponsible,dedicated manufacturer supporting Americans and their way of life.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
TT....Bushmaster is one of the earliest AR producers and well respected....Amoung the many reasons to buy their product is the fact that they are facing ridculess lawsuits over this "sniper" moron. Supporting them not only shows the public belief in their product,but them as a reponsible,dedicated manufacturer supporting Americans and their way of life.  
View Quote

Thanks Polaris and I could not agree with you more. The sniper situation and subsequent lawsuits directed towards BM only reinforces my belief that the idiots of the world will continue to do what they do best and the liberals will respond with efforts to take away my rights!

Indicating that BM is responsible in any way for the sniper incidents is like saying General Motors is responsible for drunk driving deaths![banghead]

Link Posted: 2/13/2003 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I've broken enough horses over the years on my family's ranch, prior to relocating to New England, that I'm no slouch in the upper body strength department
View Quote

Horses as well as AR15's, you are REALLY going to get along well with Tatjana...
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Wow, it was almost as bad as Full-Auto.com in here for a little while.
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#47]
[b](And 1911s, a dinosaur with only target, competitive, and rare spec ops applications if there ever was one! Can you imagine spending 2 grand to try to tweak a gun into behaving like any out of the box Sig P220??)[/b]

This statement alone shows that you have a pretty good handle on firearms!(The Sig P220 is one of my favorite .45's) As you can see,opinions,and choices are as varied as any other aspect of American culture.While all of the suggestions have merit,it will in the end,boil down to what you like,what feels good in your hands,and more importantly,what you shoot well with!You've got some pretty good ideas,now go out and try them.Most any gunshop will let you at least hold the guns,and see how they feel.And I'm sure you can figure out where you can go to try some(friends,relatives,ranges,etc..).Most gun owners are more than happy to allow others to try their weapons(in a friendly context obviously). Everyone will shoot every gun differently,so what works the best for some,may not work for others(I like the looks and feel of 6"bbl .357mag revolvers,but for some reason,I shot better with 4"bbl of the same gun!)

You've used your brain,now go out and let your fingers do the walking(so to speak!)    
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:...I like the looks and feel of 6"bbl .357mag revolvers,but for some reason,I shot better with 4"bbl of the same gun!....
View Quote

Some barrel lengths just look right on handguns:

6 1/2" Model 29s (sadly discontinued)

6" Pythons

5 1/2" SAA (although the 4 3/4"ers draw faster![pistol]
2 1/2" Model 66s

2" Model 36s

I'm going to try to check out some ARs this weekend if at all possible.[bounce]
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/13/2003 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Dude, I believe in free speech too. But calling a woman, any woman a bxtch, or saying Fxck You Bxtch, just isn't nice. He posted that twice. Not nice in most books.

I think her name is cool. But if tits bothers your wife, I wonder what she thinks about the piss in your signature.

Cheers!
Page / 13
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top