Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2003 4:45:30 PM EDT
Ok, here's what I know.
The guys mentioned above and myself, all have a Colt Carbine (serial number CCxxxx).

Now, it's my understanding that there were only 1616 made, all for export, and Colt only shipped about 1300 of them. The remaining 300 or so rifles were sold in the U.S., so I ask you, where in the hell are the other CC rifles? Does anyone else here on ARFCOM have one? Has anybody seen one for sale? I would be interestd in buying another CC rifle.

Anyways, I was just curious as to the whereabouts of the remaining rifles.

Have a good weekend ya'll,

colt  
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one, but I sold it in a Government buy back.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
markm:
View Quote

Thanks Mark for the info, that's so valuable to my question.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW I had one a few years back. I bought it off the boards, and then sold it on the boards. As a matter of fact, one of the guys you listed may have it!
From what I remember, the rifles were released to a single distributor for release after the foreign contract was terminated  before final delivery (as you mentioned already).
I guess I should answer your question...I've  seen maybe one or two for sale since I sold mine. That was a couple years ago. I have noticed more 6721s(Tact) for sale as compared to the R6520s (Colt Carbine).
I would think it safe to assume that many of them are still in police inventories. That is since they went to a single LE distributor. I wish I could remember which company that was.

Here all I have left..
[url]www.finalfront.com/hosting/users/geepgeep/coltcarbine.bmp[/url]

Regards,
rigid
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#4]
So, most of them went to an LEO distributor?
I did not know that.
I wonder how many wound up in civilian hands...

I bought mine from Stokes here on the boards. I love the darn thing.
I want another!
If most are still in PD hands, then that's even better than I imagined!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]
That is correct. The leftover batch of CCs (Colt Carbine)left Colt to a single LE distributor. I think the intent was for ALL of them to go to police agencies, but some were sold to the public. That was the talk a few years back from some RKIs.
I really wish I could remember the company they went to. I remember calling them and they would not do business with you unless you were a FFL. They would not sell Colt pins, screws, mags, scopes,..nothing to me.I remeber this because I wanted to buy 50 9mm mags for a future investment. I managed to get a hold of a Colt L.E. distributor list at one time, and that is where I obtained their number. Might as well of been Fort Knox! If memory serves me well, they have since gone under.
Get with Colt's Historical Service and have them provide you with a letter of auth. They may have the exact story to go with the gun.(For a modest fee of course) [:D]

Link Posted: 1/11/2003 3:35:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Colt, I just went to www.prebanarms.com and they have 2 of them for sale for $2895. I don't know how good of a price that is but I,ve seen these on this site a few times. I think his prices are a little high but they are very dependable and a pleasure to deal with. I brought my AR form here about a year and a half ago.

Art
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#7]
ajh,
I believe that the ones on that site are Govt carbines. The one that coltcarbine is refering to is marked Colt Carbine only.
see pic
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=4141[/img]
coltcarbine,
I havent seen any others for sale. If rigidrotor_rt is right about the LE sales then that could explain alot. They may be even more rare to us if some are in department inventories somewhere. I doubt that they would ever be sold to the general public again.

FRO

Link Posted: 1/11/2003 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#8]
FRO,
You are correct. That was my mistake. Next time I reply to a post I'll be sure to read it more closely. I didn't notice that until now. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Art
Link Posted: 1/12/2003 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone that reads this sent off for a letter from Colt?
I called once and they were less than helpful. I believe their historical service is geared more for colt 1851 navys, peacemakers  and other such old production firearms.
I didn't send off for it because its 100.00 and I figured that it would just tell the manufacture date. I already know its a preban so thats not much help.  

So has anyone sent off for Colts letter for any firearm?
Link Posted: 1/12/2003 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe the L.E. seller was Davidson's...
Link Posted: 1/12/2003 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#11]
prickly pear jack?
Link Posted: 2/4/2003 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Colt Carbine owner here.

Any way to pull up any of the old threads concerning Colt Carbines?
Link Posted: 2/5/2003 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#13]
FRO, i agree with you, I don't think they will tell us much at Colt, only "yep, it's a preban".

criley, if you have access, use the search option.
Link Posted: 2/7/2003 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Search only goes back 30 days.  Can't get to the old stuff.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#15]
coltcarbine, I have CC1147. A guy I know has 1155, we live in the same state and I'm trying to get it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#16]
MR_JOSHUA, I hope you get it! Since this post, I've found two CC rifles for sale:

[url]http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976346554.htm[/url]

and criley has one on the EE boards.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=165952&w=searchPop[/url]

I wish I had the funds to spend!

The CC rifle truly is quite an odd piece. The story behind them and the low production numbers make me think that they are a sleeping giant and one day will be recognized as rare and very collectable.

Take care all.
CC
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
MR_JOSHUA, I hope you get it! Since this post, I've found two CC rifles for sale:

[url]http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976346554.htm[/url]
View Quote

uhhh, is that the correct configuration with the M4 barrel, flattop and "waffle" stock? i thought the CC was the same as the GC, except for the rollmark?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
markm:
View Quote

Thanks Mark for the info, that's so valuable to my question.
View Quote

You're Welcome!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:27:49 AM EDT
[#19]
fixer

Quoted:

www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976346554.htm

uhhh, is that the correct configuration with the M4 barrel, flattop and "waffle" stock? i thought the CC was the same as the GC, except for the rollmark?  
View Quote

No, that is not the correct setup. It is however, an original "CC" lower receiver.

markm

You're Welcome!
View Quote

and you're not.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top