Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/19/2002 5:05:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2002 5:10:04 PM EDT by Hotaling]
Does anybody know where the NSWC Crane M-4 buttstocks are available for sale?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:01:19 PM EDT
I don't think they are out yet. I know they are talking about allowing someone to market a civie version, but nothing has materialized yet. I think the main reason for that is that the stock is still going through it's evolutions and is still being field tested. Once the design is finalized and adopted, it will probably appear on the market shortly thereafter.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:33:58 PM EDT
Can you point me to some info on these buttstocks, I don't think I seen one yet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 7:28:10 AM EDT
I know somebody has them for sale. 5-6 months ago thier was a post with them available. They were dam expensive at around$500. Now I can't find the post or the website that had them anymore. I'm not sure if they were exact Crane buttstocks, but they looked just like them and had the battery compartment. I'm hoping somebody will remember the website or the company.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 8:13:23 AM EDT
I think I know which stock you are talking about. Can't remember the name butno, they were not the Crane buttstocks. And yes, they were way overpriced. They didi have some sort of recoil buffering system built in though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 12:21:38 PM EDT
[img]www.bodermansports.com/ACRrstk.jpg[/img] [b]ACR stock[/b] I own 3 of them, & they are $500. They have a few other nice/different features from the "regular" version: a hydraulic buffer that smooths the recoil spike out (Nice, but not a big deal for AR's, IMO); a triangular cross-section around the tube which forms a raised cheek weld area (nice improvement); 7 adjustments for length (always nice to have more); larger rear buttpad area (also nice). The 3rd one is basically identical to the original plastic, 4-position stocks, except that it has the raised, triangular cheek weld. All other parts are same. I have one M4gery that I am keeping entirely stock, w/ the exception of swapping in this item. It pretty much retains the original look, but has the improved cheek weld region - something I prefer over the standard telestocks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 12:58:34 PM EDT
Great, thats the stock I was looking for. Thanks for the help.
Top Top