Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/9/2002 11:42:56 PM EDT
Hello again everyone. Well, I have my first AR on order and I have one question. I am new to AR's and I wanted a video or book to get me familiarized with the AR before the gun arrives. I have found a couple of videos and I wanted to ask which you all think would be better before I buy one. Or is there something better I can get? The videos I found are;

Mastering the Ar-15
by Lenny Magill and Jim Clark

and

American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI)
The AR-15 Armorers course and
technical manual

Please if anyone could recommend one of the two or maybe something else. Thanks in advance for your help! I really appreciate it. Oh, I ordered a RRA.

Thanks again,

_Lloyd

Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:37:53 AM EDT
Although I myself have never seen it, I've both heard & read the Magill video to be a pretty good one. I would get that one before the AGI one, as you'll more benefit from the familiarization/usage aspect than gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 5:41:34 PM EDT
Spider, Thanks for the info. I was leaning more towards that video. Just wanted some expert advice. Thanks again, _Lloyd
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 6:40:40 PM EDT
I have the video Mastering the AR15 and it is well worth the money . I have watched and rewatched parts of it many times. It will show you basic AR disassembly and cleaning. It helped me have confidence in my upgrading to a match trigger I put in myself as an example. Has MANY thoughts and ideas on zeroing sights, different shooting positions,etc.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:11:57 AM EDT
Get both. The AGI video will teach you how to build an AR.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:52:40 PM EDT
Thanks for the help everyone! I really appreciate it. Thanks, _Lloyd
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:22:56 PM EDT
[blue] I have the AGI video's and I would recommend them to anyone . It's like having someone to help you properly care for and do basic things to your weapons. I find the video quality real good , the close ups are as if you were standing right over the instructors shoulder. HaPpY HoLiDaYs [<|:D>] Jerry [/blue]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:30:07 PM EDT
Jerry, Thanks for the info. I may end up buying both! lol Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you as well.... _Lloyd
Top Top